Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent problems with the chat application have been causing other issues...like taking the server down. I have uninstalled the chat application until I can go through all the logs and see what is happening.

Sorry folks.

· Registered
5,063 Posts
chat regulars feel free to join us other CSers on skype while the bugs are getting fixed :)

· Paid Smokesmodel
1,565 Posts
chat regulars feel free to join us other CSers on skype while the bugs are getting fixed :)
Maybe someone should post a skype starter thread so us n00bs would know who it worked what to do and how to do it. I did sign up for skype once but I don't think I did it right and I doubt I could have found the rest of the CSers even if I did.

Thread Jack-off

· Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news gents. I found another integrated Chat program. I'll try and install it later this evening depending on the CAL (Childrens Activity Level) tonight.

Once it is up and running the link will appear in the "Extras" menu just like before.

· Registered
2,610 Posts
Is that what is causing me to get timeouts or just very slow page loads?

· Banned
4,222 Posts
As much time as I spend in chat I really would want CS to reamin active and chat be shut down (till it can be fixed:tu) Thank you Paul again for all you do!!

Shawn

· Registered
739 Posts
I don't know how to get into the skype channel. I started an AIM chat, ClubStogie

Hit me for an invite or join yourself.

sirirons21

· Registered
564 Posts
Sad day indeed - I recently discovered the chat feature and enjoyed chatting with some of the great BOTLs that I met at our last herf. I hope that it's something that can be fixed, but I'd rather the chat get shut down than the entire CS site. Thanks again Paul for all that you do, although we've never met, you were spoken highly of at our last herf by everyone, including the three admins that where there.

· Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As i mentioned earlier in this thread, i do have an alternative that looks pretty promising. Sorry i did not get it installed last night, but should be able to do it this afternoon.

Have to coach hockey for a few hours this morning, and will try and get to it in the late afternoon.

Thanks for your patience guys.

· Banned
4,222 Posts
Paul, Thank you for doing all you do...no rush please take care of family 1st!! tis the season. Thank you again for the updates and all the hrd work!!

Shawn

· Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Up and running guys. Link is in the "Extras" section of the menu.

Granted this one is a bit different, but it integrates with the forum much better. Both from a looks and performance perspective. I realize change sucks, but let's give this one some time before we render judgement.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Paul

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Any way to add sound to chat? Really hard to keep up without it. I like hearing when someone post or enters chat. That way people can surf and chat at the same time. Thanks Paul for any help.

· Registered
10,306 Posts
I know you are doing the best you can, but the new chat bites. Sorry just my humble opinion.
Probably not the best way to win the heart of the site administrator.
While your opinion may be valid, it lacks tact and specific examples of what you don't like about it so that maybe improvements can be made. (See post #17) I am not sure what you hope to accomplish with your post. And, fwiw, there is nothing humble about it.

· Registered
487 Posts
Sorry Pnoon. I wasn't trying to win your heart.
As to specifics, you have been in both chat rooms. Surely you can see the differences.
(1)It was nice to see who was present in the chat room.
(2)As has already been mentioned, some sort of audible to know when people entered and left.
(3) Not as important, but the interface is pretty bland, something other than a white screen.
Hopes this is of help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.