Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be putting cigars in a new humidor once it’s seasoned. Leave in the cello or take them all out? If I leave them in the cello do I open the ends and let them breathe?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Honestly all preference. The cello usually is for sanitation purposes and sucks up the humidity. I take my wrappers off when going in my humidor at home but when I put sticks in my to-go humidor I always keep them on so the foam doesn’t scratch the stick and gray the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,857 Posts
Honestly all preference. The cello usually is for sanitation purposes and sucks up the humidity. I take my wrappers off when going in my humidor at home but when I put sticks in my to-go humidor I always keep them on so the foam doesn’t scratch the stick and gray the end.

I’m sorry @Watch.brian
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but stating that cello soaks up humidity is false and misleading. Something we try to stay away from here.
If you don’t have credible information to offer, sometimes it’s best to just read and learn.

·
Pipe Smokin' Piranha
5,209 Posts
For me... If it comes on, I leave it on. If it comes without, it stays without. As was said, don't overcomplicate it and there will be a lot more time to enjoy your collection.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’m sorry @Watch.brian
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but stating that cello soaks up humidity is false and misleading. Something we try to stay away from here.
If you don’t have credible information to offer, sometimes it’s best to just read and learn.

Thank you for the correction and I believe I made a mistake in my delivery of what I was saying about the cello. I meant was that the cellophane can allow humidity in. Thank you for the correction.

·
Super Moderator
2,857 Posts
Thank you for the correction and I believe I made a mistake in my delivery of what I was saying about the cello. I meant was that the cellophane can allow humidity in. Thank you for the correction.

No problem thank you for understanding and clarifying that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts