Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone! how's it going? i'm in the market for a new cell phone. it's been awhile since i've gotten a new one...i'm amazed at what they have out now!! have you seen that new V710 from motorola for instance? it has video capture ability, an mp3 player, 1.2 mega camera (not sure what that means, but it certainly sounds impressive, right?) oh, i saw information on it at www.hellomoto.com/producer. well, that all sounds good to me. i just wonder if you can make phone calls on it. ;)

What kind of phone do you have?? Would you recommend it??

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have a piece of cr*p nokia oldie. very sturdy though - I've dropped it about 30 + times with no problems. I've heard about a pda/phone all in one, maybe that's up your alley -at about 800 bucks!

my oldie doesn't have any fancy stuff - Don't want too much fancy stuff - I get confused easily!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Beware of the "tech-geek factor" on some of these phones... would you actually use a video camera, mp3 player and camera on your phone?

That being said, I have a LG VX6000. The talk and standby times are decent, menus are clear and intuitive (for a phone), has a camera, looks good enough that I'm not ashamed to use it :p and it's not that expensive.

Keep in mind you can only have certain phones with certain carriers. I'd worry about the plan first and the phone next.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought the motorola v400.

The built in camera is more of a novelty feature. I don't use it too much because the pictures don't turn out too well.

The screen is nice but hard to read outdoors.

It is a cingular phone, and i use it on the tmobile network. Thank you SIM Card!

I like the mp3 ringtones, people always stare when my phone starts ringing

The phone suites my needs, and looks stylish. Battery life is good for a color phone.

Only problem is that it is a bit bulky (more so than my old v60)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
v400 sounds like fun. How much was it going for?

I actually do tend to have fun with tech toys...I think I'd probably use that video capture quite often. :D Most likely just cuz I'm bored and feel like amusing myself with something.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i'm with nextel... i have the i730. it's a nice little phone... has all the features you'd want without the overkill of some of these phones out there now. plus it has a nice professional look to it, unlike many phones i've been seeing these days which look more like teenager phones than normal grownup phones.

it all depends on your service provider though... all phones don't work on all providers networks.

:u

·
Registered
29 Posts
The v400 is pretty cheap if you sign up for a two year contract with cingular, otherwise it is around $300.

If you like tech toys pauley, check out the V600 from AT&T same features as the v400 + bluetooth and ability to take videos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.