Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I went to the ice chest form of cigar preservation, I have seen enough to know that cedar boxes don't belong on the shelf or in the attic.
I have been taking all of my 1/2-gone dress boxes and putting the cigars into cedar boxes from NC brands and tossing them in the ice chest. I have 6 QdO Imperiales that never had a box, plus some punch churchills lying around in a loose humi, and about 12 RdM Tainos. I threw them in a JR Ultimate SLB in Dec and I looked at them yesterday and they are dripping in oils. This is a good reason to dig out some of your old SLB's and SBN's and start packing away your loose stash, or maybe even emptying out some nearly full dress boxes and putting THOSE in the attic in favor of a cedar box. The cabinet theory rolls on. I think my box of RASS is going into a Perdomo, "The Cigar" Robusto cedar box tonight. I hope there's no "shitty" aura left in that box
Can you say "$hitty" on TV?

·
Registered
212 Posts
interesting idea...i hate the domestic boxes and like my habano boxes ..
i always thought even the dress boxes are ceder...so why switch ?
but if your right.... if the dress boxes are'nt ceder then maybe the old domestic boxes are better and i need to do the same that your doing switch to a cab box or varnished type box.

anybody want too chime in...are dress boxes ceder or not ?
paper covered yes but still ceder no ?

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that 90 percent of them are cedr plywood, glue and paper. But when I leave them in their dress boxes, they get oilier eventually, but in a nice cedar box and sealed for the most part, they seem to be doing a lot better alot quicker. I had those QdO's for a year, and the best they ever got was sandly looking and oily. In this box they are turning a dark butterscotchy oily leathery nice. I am only considering switching those Rass, not the rest. Like you say, in the chest and in the dress box is fine for what's already boxed. But I had alot of room to make, so the half full boxes were coming out anyway. this way those cigars that were just heading into a big humidor together are now wedged in the same longterm storage but now in a nice SLB. Thes JR SLBs are the thickest unfinished cedar boxes I have or have seen. Just blowin smoke for the most part, But half full boxes take up full box space, and when it's time to move it or lose it, these cabinets worked out.
I bet Hoyo Excalibur boxes would too. I used to tear up those big no1's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts