Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon my enexperience in this review. I'm learning. :D I lit this one up @ about 1:15 on a Sunday. The cigar looked nice. Nothing spectacular, but nice. I nipped the end and lit it. The first third was a bit boring. After reading the reviews, I was expecting much more. I was, however, drinking coffee for the first 1/3. I read this was a good one w/ coffee.The coffee was overpowering the cigar I believe. Perhaps it was Folgers fault. I got a good 'ol crisp Michelobe Light and things started looking better immediately (the Torano silver wrapper and the Michelobe Light label looked like they belong together anyway). The ash was a bit flakey and the wrapper started to split in 2 places. The split did hold together and didn't cause any problems. This cigar had many diffent flavors after the first 1/3. It had mild nutty undertones and at about the 1/2 way point, I got a breif mild "Copenhagen Snuff" flavor. That only lasted about 1/4". Then I got a strong short shot of pepper. Then it started to get very interesting. Flavor changes got very frequent and were appreciated. I don't have quite the pallet to describe all the different flavors from the last 1/2 to the last 1/4. Perhaps I'm not experienced enough to fully enjoy this cigar, but can appreciate the variety it provided. It did start to tunnel at about 1/3 left and had to be re-lit. The last 1/4 had a "sock you in the jaw" earthy taste w/ leather overtones. Quite tastey in my book. This was a slow starter that finished as a great cigar. The burn was slow and even and lasted from 1:15 to 2:45. Much more time than it looked like it was going to need. I will have another one, but I will wait until I am more experienced.

Cheers :al

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Re: Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver Corona Grande

P-Town Smokes said:
Good review morpartoya, I'll tell you what, try the Signature series in this line, great cigar. LeafHog sent me a couple of these " cuss" he's just one great guy, and they are great.
Nice review Mopar, I was gifted one of these P-town at the Herf by itstim. Looking forward to trying it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

P-Town Smokes said:
Good review morpartoya, I'll tell you what, try the Signature series in this line, great cigar. LeafHog sent me a couple of these " cuss" he's just one great guy, and they are great.
Ok P-Town, I guess I will, since your twisting my arm. :r I'll tell my wife that you said I had to do it. :D

~-Mopartoya heads off to smoke shop...~ :z

Thanks for the suggestion....

Cheers :al

·
Registered
76 Posts

Nice review Mopartoya

It sounds like your silver exodus was still a bit wet (splits). I've smoked a number of boxes of silver torpedos without the splitting.

Try em again after they rest for a few weeks/month. Some say silvers need to rest at least 6 mos to reach full potential. I kinda like em OTB.

Try the Sigs and 1916's as well.

K

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

The silvers are good. But the golds are imo a little more flavorful. I agree with kevins. Give them some time in the humi, and try a shorter size. It will condensate the flavors some more.

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts

My local shop does not carry the 'silver' so I am limited with them. The ones I have had I thought were all outstanding. Great construction and that flavor has that little something extra. I have found this cigar to be a bit bitter after the first 1/2, but if I slow down the burn it comes right back to great flavor.

All and all I have these on my box list for down the road.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts

Funnymantrip said:
My local shop does not carry the 'silver' so I am limited with them. The ones I have had I thought were all outstanding. Great construction and that flavor has that little something extra. I have found this cigar to be a bit bitter after the first 1/2, but if I slow down the burn it comes right back to great flavor.
All and all I have these on my box list for down the road.
For some reason you don't see these as much as the Gold Exodus. I have yet to acquire one. My shop dosn't carry them either. If you are ever interested in a box split on the silvers, let me know.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I forgot to say that the Silver Exodus Torp is my fav Torano that is reasonably priced. I like the Tribs as well. Specially the maddy. However, I can't justify the $$ for dem babies.

K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.