Cigar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys tried this line yet? Just got a couple of churchills in and will be trying them soon. I've never had any of the Torano lines.
SB

·
Registered
291 Posts
I haven't personally tried one, but from what I hear from people who have they are great. I can't wait to get some myself, I love the Exodus 1959 line.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The "signature" is by far the best IMHO, spicy, peppery and complex! :w

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've never tried the Churchill but I used to smoke the coronas beofre they went up to $7.50 at my local B&M. The coronas I remember being excellent!

·
Immature Pufferfish
2,507 Posts
Yup, very good. Prefer these to Silver actually. Not a mild smoke that Toranos are usually better known for, this stick has some spice while being flavourful.

Might want to watch the draw a bit, can get real wavy burns if smoked too quickly.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Had a couple of churchills a whisle ago and were decent sticks. Have a couple of robustos waiting for me to revisit.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yup, very good. Prefer these to Silver actually. Not a mild smoke that Toranos are usually better known for, this stick has some spice while being flavourful.

Might want to watch the draw a bit, can get real wavy burns if smoked too quickly.
I was about to say that. The 1916s are true sipping cigars....go too quick and you will have a not so good experience. Smoke them slow-- you'll get more out of it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had one today...It was an average smoke I'd say. Most of my experiences with the Torano's have been the same. Decent smoke, but not something I will be buying more of. The only exception is the 1959 Gold. I really like that alot, and it has become a regular.

·
Immature Pufferfish
2,507 Posts
I was about to say that. The 1916s are true sipping cigars....go too quick and you will have a not so good experience. Smoke them slow-- you'll get more out of it.
Aha...beat you to it.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I had one today...It was an average smoke I'd say. Most of my experiences with the Torano's have been the same. Decent smoke, but not something I will be buying more of. The only exception is the 1959 Gold. I really like that alot, and it has become a regular.
How long did you rest them? What humidity?

I find Cameroons develop their peak flavor when they are stored at higher than normal humidities (personally). These smokes need at least 6-9 months to mature.

Was it at a b&m?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I dug one of these (corona) from the box last night. I checked the reviews for this cigar before trying it and noted the comments about this being a sipping cigar.
As much as I tried to keep the cigar cool, it stayed overwhelmingly bitter and I chucked it just past the half way point and grabbed a Cubau to get the funky taste from my mouth.
Mine only had a few months on them at 65% so I will revisit later.
Least favorite of the Toranos at this point.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I dug one of these (corona) from the box last night. I checked the reviews for this cigar before trying it and noted the comments about this being a sipping cigar.
As much as I tried to keep the cigar cool, it stayed overwhelmingly bitter and I chucked it just past the half way point and grabbed a Cubau to get the funky taste from my mouth.
Mine only had a few months on them at 65% so I will revisit later.
Least favorite of the Toranos at this point.
Give them a little more time. Raise humidity a little. Check back this summer. And do take your time with it.

As you all notice, I am a huge Torano defender. But it is not like them to dump off bad sticks (although I have heard some bad things about the Dominicos).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts