Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 5 pak sampler of these a couple of months ago,so I'll make this my first review.

Sure had a great prelit smell,So I snipped this beauty and toasted the foot. Lit quite easily,not much flavor to begin with but lots of smoke and a really good smell. couple more draws(trying to be patient) and not hot box it. Started to listen to Floyd and it wasn't long that it started to taste really good.Kinda nutty and I'd say medium.

I don't know if anyone has had this problem with these but this thing started canoeing really bad.. I tried to use the torch lighter to touch it up a bit and then I just cut it about halfway and relit it.. But it did it again.

So I'd have to say in my own non reviewer way that I really liked the taste but it was kind of a pain trying to get it to burn even.

I'm not quiting on these beauties,I have 4 more to smoke.Just going to let the others rest awhile.

I hope this didn't suck to bad as a review. Be kind I'll try to do better,cheers :w

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon

Try another!

Canoeing is not a typical Torano problem. You got a bad one.

I smoked a 1916 Torp last night. Havn't had one in a year. It burned flawless and tasted great.

Tonight I kill another Casa. W gave me a box for Xmas.

K

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

I agree that construction problems are a rarity with Torano products, but I've got a partial box of 1916 robustos (& I think the remainder of a fiver I got from c-bid) that I've had some burn problems with.

The Torano 1916 is a nice cigar for sure, but IMHO there are Cameroons out there that beat it in quality, taste & value.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

I am currently about halfway through a box of corona's and they have been very well constructed (just a bit tight). Flavor and burn has been very consistant. Right now this is my go to cigar. I would give 'em another go.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

My 2 cents:

Newbie saw, newbie try, newbie like.

Sampler on the way. If those pan out as well as the first, I can probably justify a box.

Scott"addsonetothelist"M

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

I've tried the Churchill and Coronas in this line, and while both are good, the churchill is smoother, more complex IMHO. I usually like Robustos and Torps, so those are next on my list. I also find the Churchill to be the best of the Brazilia line, so maybe I'm really a Churchill guuy, without enough time :cool: .

·
Registered
978 Posts

GOAT LOCKER said:
I've tried the Churchill and Coronas in this line, and while both are good, the churchill is smoother, more complex IMHO. I usually like Robustos and Torps, so those are next on my list. I also find the Churchill to be the best of the Brazilia line, so maybe I'm really a Churchill guuy, without enough time :cool: .
Grab one of the Robusto's in the box headed your way! I really like the 1959 Golds.

_____
rm

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The canoeing is probably on me for not giving them enough time to rest.Gonna give the other 4 plenty of time.Thanks guys :w

·
Banned
8,745 Posts

I have had a couple of boxes of these. About every third stick they just don't taste the same. I usually enjoy smoking them but sometimes I get one that is just off.

Has anyone else experienced consistency problems with these?

·
Registered
76 Posts

Don't blame yourself Floyd!

IMHO, cigars should arrive ready to smoke. I buy from sources that give me less problems like the one you are having. One bad cigar, no big deal. A bad box and I'd get pissed.

Torano is not perfect either. Occasionally, I get sticks that are so tight packed that I can't draw em. Even after 6 months at 65RH.

When you buy hand rolled cigars these problems will occasionally happen. Personally, I think hand rolled cigars are worth the risk.

Torano has some great sticks to offer. The Silver Exodus and Signature are their best value IMHO. 1916's are good to.

K

·
Registered
45 Posts
I started smoking cigars mid this year. I walked into the local cigar shop and saw these in the humidor and thought I would try. And very much enjoyed it. I always make sure I get a Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon when I buy some cigars. In my opinion its a great cigar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.