Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one of these from my very generous Secret Santa. Cracked open its glass tube and gave it a try a couple days ago.

Appearance: Near perfect. The wrapper was tissue-paper thin, smooth as silk, and a gorgeous, deep, dark color.

Construction: Excellent. It clipped cleanly, had a firm draw, and lit easily.

Burn: Excellent. The ash was white, flecked with black and gray. The cigar burned evenly, never got hot, and there was plenty of smoke.

Taste: Wow. The first couple puffs surprised me with a sweetness that I just did not expect. The smoke had a spicy tang to it, but not overpowering. I'd call this a medium strength cigar. The flavor profile didn't change much as it smoked down. I got used to the sweetness, and found it to be very enjoyable.

Overall, this was a very well made stick which I will add to my ever growing list of cigars in the regular rotation.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eichen said:
Was this the maduro? Definitely some classy presentation with these.
Not sure. It was a very dark wrapper. At least as dark as, say, an ERdM Robusto. It was an odd color, though. Almost had an olive tint to it even though it was nearly black.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nearly black with an olive tint... That does sound a bit unusual. I've had one of the CT shade wrapped versions of these and it was tan-gold kind of color like a lot of CT shade wrappers.

Thanks.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
thats the maduro. ive had the same as eichen and wasnt that impressed. it didnt have much flavor as far as i could tell. ill gladly give it another shot since i love torano's products and their prices cant be beat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have both "CS" and "maduro" in my humi. The CS is tan in color (as shown on the torano site). The maduro is very very dark. I can understand how some see an olive tinge color to the CS wrapper. It's definitely CS though.

They are both nice smokes. I consider the CS to be a lighter smoke. Not boring, just lighter bodied. The maddy has a fuller body and a more intense flavor.

I like both RS sticks. For the $$ I still prefer the Signature series and the Silver Exodus. However, I still keep a few RS sticks close at hand for special occasions. You can't beat the presentation that Torano makes with the RS line and as always, Torano construction is 1st class.

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.