Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
THAT is crazy...the thought of those cigars not being in a controlled RH and temp makes me want to puke..

·
Registered
544 Posts
Makes me wonder if CLE will publish the stolen sku's or an app for consumers to try and catch the thieves or the retailers who would resell them. wouldn't doubt that was part of Fuente's motivation in adding sku #s to their packaging after the shipping container heist years back.

·
Super Moderator
17,224 Posts
My guess is a guy talked his wife into letting him build a nice walk in. Then she found out how much the cigars would cost and cut off his allowance. Gotta keep it 80% filled to maintain... easier than sneaking one box at a time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Crap, I was gunna buy some of their Maduro's. Might wait a bit.

·
Super Moderator
17,224 Posts
I'm not understanding the hesitancy in buying. They stole real cigars.

If the market was flooded with fakes. Then I could see the cause.

·
Super Moderator
17,224 Posts
Wait... You can't possible believe that any warehouse in Miami is RH and temperature controlled.... :oops:
Exactly. They get aged where it's 100°/90% humidity. They get stored in warehouses, which I'm guessing isn't a constant 70/70. They get put into shipping containers(think those are refrigerated?). They sit in those containers for a month(at least). Then get put in truck shipped cross country. Sit at a store in a well regulated storage room for a couple weeks, then back into a truck to get to you.

The only time your fragile little babies are at a consistent temp and rh is after yunz get em.

Reactions: Scap and zcziggy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts