Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife picked up a fifth of this at the store the other day as a surprise to try something new. I was happy because I had been eyeing it for a while. Anyways, I decided to put some over rocks and mix with a little Coke Zero. hmmm. Bad mistake. This stuff looked like coffee over the ice and the mixture with the Coke was gross. If I recall, it tasted like licorice and coffee mixed into one. I may experiement with some other concoctions tonight to see what this stuff will work with. Has anyone had any luck?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Re: Captain Morgan's Taboo Spiced Rum

I haven't seen this one. I tried the Capt Morgan's Tattoo and that stuff was plain awful. The Capt should stick to regular spiced rum and stop trying to be Stoli and have a ton of flavors. LOL.

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, just figured that out. It is the same crap.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yep, that stuff is horrible. A year or two ago when it came out I remember buying a bottle and only having one drink from it. My girlfriend must have thrown it out or gave it away because I don't know where it is now.

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
Um.... :pu

Sorry... sounds like the kind of stuff that messes me up. :ss

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Capn's website says to mix with an energy drink or just shoot it. I will attempt this tonight (while watching some LSU football!) with my favorite (MONSTER Lo-Carb) energy drink and report back.:)

·
www.stogietorch.com
3,633 Posts
The Capn's website says to mix with an energy drink or just shoot it. I will attempt this tonight (while watching some LSU football!) with my favorite (MONSTER Lo-Carb) energy drink and report back.:)
Jimmy....

you are a sick bastard.

I am so glad you are gonna be the guinea pig for this and take one for the team.

I say give that bottle to someone you don't like so well and buy something that doesn't taste like vomit.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
If you really feel the need for a spiced rum
(although "WHY?" leaps to my mind), try
Sailor Jerry's. Not as medicinal as the Cap'n.

Then, when you're done gargling,
pour a nice Barbados or Haiti rum on the rocks with a squeeze of lime.:)

If you want liquor, have liquor.
If you want candy, have a Hershey bar.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Wow not a real big following for spiced rum in these parts I'd say. Just to put a fan on the other side of the field, I'm not much for white rum. Give me a bottle of Morgan, a two litter of Coke, and a nice stogie..... You'll have a happy man on your hands. And for the special occasions I might spring for a bottle of Morgan Private Stock.

Now that tattoo crap, I agree with you guys. I pretty much need to be lit to start drinking that stuff. I have about three quarters of a bottle of it that's been taking up space in my bar for well over a year now. It's on the same level as Jegermeister to me. :hn

Trent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.