Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I have limited experience with cigars so this won't be the most articulate review. This has been a front row smoke for about 3 months now. It's looked so nice behind the glass I haven't had the heart to burn it until now. The wrapper looks so oily that I half expected there to be a wet spot where it was laying.

I've had a handful of diff maduros, but this is my first double. I can really tell a difference! The Mx2 threw out so much smoke I'm surprised the FD didn't show up. I don't have a really refined cigar palate, so I'll just say that it had a great flavor. That combined with an effortless draw and even burn made for a great cigar.

Beware if you're not used to strong cigars. While it's not exactly harsh towards the end, it can get a little overpowering. I'll probably give this one another try without smoking it to less than an inch next time :)

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Re: CAO Mx2 Rob

Good review,thanks I really like the Brazilia line. I been meaning to pick up an Mx2,this will probably put me over the edge,thanks again

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts

Always been a fan of CAO, but never tried this one. Looks like I'm going to have to pick up a few. Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
727 Posts

Good review. I like them a lot. The brazilias are my favorite, but I really like the MX2. What I love about them is that there is a ton of smoke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The Brazilias are nice. I bought 3 singles (Sambas) and have only smoked one so far. I paired it up with a Dos Equis w/ lime . . . tasty!

·
Registered
40 Posts

Hey guys...i really like the Mx2. I'm not usually a maduro smoker - i had just started getting into the CAO golds and the cameroons, and my buddy talked me into the Mx2. I'm glad, because I found it to be a nice maduro and it's cheaper than the Brazilia, Italia, etc.

The Mx2 got me trying a lot of other dark sticks - like the Cohiba XV - mmmm, but for the price, the Mx2 is very nice. Since my first one, I've always kept a few in the humi at all times. It's the only CAO i smoke on a regular basis.

Thanks for the review too...and I second - if you haven't tried one, it's worth a shot.

Mike

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
MMMMMMMMMaduro!

I like the MX2 a lot but they were less flavorful than I was expecting. Like the rest of you I really like the Brazilia and Italia lines. I also keep the CAO Criollo line on hand.

The MX2 was very good, but I like my trusty sidekick Sancho Panza Double Maduro a bit better. Another must try if you like the MX2 line is El Rey Del Mundo Robusto or Robusto Larga.

Good review!
-Matt-

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Thanks for the review. I put in a bid on a 5 pack of robustos at Cigarbid, if I win, it'll be my first sample of any of the new double maduros. Looking forward to giving them a spin.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Re: MMMMMMMMMaduro!

txmatt said:
I like the MX2 a lot but they were less flavorful than I was expecting. Like the rest of you I really like the Brazilia and Italia lines. I also keep the CAO Criollo line on hand.

The MX2 was very good, but I like my trusty sidekick Sancho Panza Double Maduro a bit better. Another must try if you like the MX2 line is El Rey Del Mundo Robusto or Robusto Larga.

Good review!
-Matt-
I'm with you Matt....I was at the shop looking for some solution and picked up both the MX2 and a Sancho DM....smoked the MX2 first and enjoyed it a lot. But when I lit up the Sancho the next day, now that was a great stick. You gave some suggestions for other cigars if you like the MX2....how about a couple for a SPDM fan? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Got my Robusto's. They're a good smoke. Damn fine construction, tons of smoke, good looking wrapper. Didn't smoke as strong asI had hoped it would, more of a medium. There's not the coffee and cocoa flavors I usually get with maduro's. There's an unusual underlying flavor that I can't put my finger on, pleasant enough, just can't figure out what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

floydp said:
Good review,thanks I really like the Brazilia line. I been meaning to pick up an Mx2,this will probably put me over the edge,thanks again
I"m like a lot of you guy's and love the Brazilia but had an Itaila the other day and had to get more of these for the humi.......... Try one of these floydp I think you'll like them too.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I agree with ya'll...these are my 'everyday' smoke that I can count on. However, out of 3 boxes I've had a couple of pretty harsh ones...one was so bad it went out the car window :mad: I'll always have some of these in the humi.

Matt - Thanks for the advice on the Sancho Panza DM...got to give those a try.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Cranny said:
Let me start by saying that I have limited experience with cigars so this won't be the most articulate review. This has been a front row smoke for about 3 months now. It's looked so nice behind the glass I haven't had the heart to burn it until now. The wrapper looks so oily that I half expected there to be a wet spot where it was laying.

I've had a handful of diff maduros, but this is my first double. I can really tell a difference! The Mx2 threw out so much smoke I'm surprised the FD didn't show up. I don't have a really refined cigar palate, so I'll just say that it had a great flavor. That combined with an effortless draw and even burn made for a great cigar.

Beware if you're not used to strong cigars. While it's not exactly harsh towards the end, it can get a little overpowering. I'll probably give this one another try without smoking it to less than an inch next time :)
you got it right on had 1 last week on the way in from my route with the windows up and with all the smoke it look like I had tinted windows .I also noticed the harshness at the end but maybe with some age it will fix that last little inch and a half :D

·
Registered
336 Posts

great review i have smoked the mx2 and it is a good cigar but i haven't had a bad CAO. :cool:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

These are delicous smokes! Previously, my favorite double maduro (that is, the wrapper and binder are both maduro) hands-down was the Sancho Panza Quixote. now it's a toss up between these two.

FYI:
Newbs beware: Some manufacturers will call a stick "double maduro" to mean that the wrapper is extra dark....and it does not contain a maduro binder. Do not be misled.
These two, however (unless I'm mistaken....it has happened before....!!) are true 'double maduro' as mentioned above.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.