Cigar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you as curious as I, the first shipment of MX2s was recieved by CAO last Friday and the entire stock was sent out to shops last night. Uptown Cigars in Nashville has them now. The ring sizes are huge! From all the hubbub I've heard...these are going to be a great cigar. OK, we'll soon know! rns

·
Registered
546 Posts
Got them here, down in Texas. plan to try one out this weekend, I'll get back at ya with my impression!!!

Grinch OUT!!!

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks dagrinch. It will be good to have a heads up on them MX2s. If it's like all the other CAOs I've purchased (and that is a sh*tload!) they usually need a few months to simmer down. Coming on the heels of that RTDA review and the blend of
Nicaraguan, Honduran, Dominican and Peruvian filler, a Brazilian binder and a triple fermented Connecticut broadleaf wrapper (on a sesame seed bun! ) I think this cigar may be a monster.

On a sidenote, you being the "dagrinch" and all, it is rapidly approaching the time of year you despise! :r I hope this doesn't skewer your thoughts on that MX2!:w rns

·
Registered
114 Posts
The CAO rep was at the cigar shop last night selling them, I purchased a few and smoked one. I agree, they do have to simmer a while, very young and moist (good for some things not cigars ;) )

·
Registered
546 Posts
On a sidenote, you being the "dagrinch" and all, it is rapidly approaching the time of year you despise! :r I hope this doesn't skewer your thoughts on that MX2!:w rns [/B][/QUOTE]

If I had made the cartoon, he would have been smoking a cigar, and it would have been called, "How the Grinch Beat the Anti-smoking Establishment for Christmas.

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
heads up

These bad boys are now available online in singles and boxes from dukecitycigars.com. These sticks are really well priced. I was pretty amazed at how inexpensive they are. Got a couple on the way!!!
SB

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just smoked the robusto sized MX2 from a cigar shop in Palm Springs. I like some CAO Brazilias and Extreme churchill better.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Picker up a Robusto this weekend at the Davidoff store on Madison Ave., NYC. While not a bad smoke at all, and the price quite decent (despite the 10% city tobacco tax), I still prefer the taste of the CAO Maduro & Etreme lines. Still, I'd smoke one again.

BTW, which who makes these cigars for CAO? Is is Perdomo, Borhani, Torano, or someone else? Just curious.

MoTheMan

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Mo-

I hear that CAO has their own factory now and is making the MX2 themselves, hence the low price.

SB

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
CAO is making their own now....kind of. They bought two factories from Torano (the crillo and brazilia) and Perdomo (i think does the anniv lines), where the cigars had been made previously. Im pretty sure that someone else made the anniv lines a few years ago (possibly torano) as they were much better then. Im not a fan of perdomo and lately the anniv line has fallen out of my favorites category. in fact, i rarely buy them now because of construction and consistency problems as well as a huge change (IMHO) in the taste of the maduros...and not for the better.

I still think CAO makes some great products though...just wish they would get back to their old ways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have tried a couple already. Very Interesting! They definately have a maduro taste, almost chocolate, but not harsh and relatively mellow. I tried three actually but one of them was so tight I had to throw it away. Definately will try some more before I try and score it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll definitely be callin my local smoke shop this weekend to see if they have MX2's in yet. A few weeks ago, I could have bought it as part of a sampler pack. Don't want the sampler, just the MX2.

K

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I picked up a couple of these yesterday and will let them sit for a couple of weeks. Great looking cigar and box! I believe the maduro Anni's(the ones in the new red box) are being made by Torano now.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Roba nd I tried these when we met with Cano and Jim Huber at the RTDA in Vegas. It was definitely one of the better cigars at the show. I have a box coming in as well, and hope to publish a "staff review" at T25C on them.

I hope they are as good as I remember.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts