Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought 2 yesterday after work, after reading the post on top25cigar.com. Had to try it after it recieved such high ratings!

cost me 5$ each(store also sold me a maximus), went home and lit it up. Looked really nice, wrapper had no big veins, firm yet supple roll. The first .5 inch was really mild, nothing much, then BOOM it kinda transformed. I thought it was full but not spicy, and the flavor was balanced, perfect for a 6pm dog walk before dinner. I smoked it till the very end, i enjoyed it much in the same way the R&J (cuba)#1 tubo. at 86$ a box this is a killer deal i think. With age it will only get better i figure!

anyone else try these?

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
re: CAO Criollo

Ohhhh the criollo. I love em. Love em to death. Might change them to my go to cigar in my personal profile after the last one I had. Glorious flavor. IMHO, I like the conquistidor a little more just cause I dig the torps. The taste of this line is right up there with all of my more expensive favorites and am glad to see a cooler looking band adorning these beauties. The old red speckled band looked like something I would've made in kindergarten. :p I've heard the Camacho corojo has a similar flavor even though I haven't tried them...yet. For the price and flavor you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Got a box that CAO sent me for the Football contest...I think it is the Churchill size.

I have had them when they first came out, and it didn't do much for me. Maybe I should give them another try.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: CAO criolla pato

PDS, did you ever try them again? If so, were you more impressed?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Re: CAO Criollo

The Criollo has been one of my favorite cigars, smooth and powerful. I wasn't a huge fan of the torps, the toro is my favorite size, and the petite corona is in a close second place with the robusto. The smaller torp is ok, but the large on just didnt have enough power for me. That little PC packs a mean punch. If you like em you should also try the Camacho Corojos!

·
Registered
290 Posts

I'm pretty sure one of the reviews was mine.

I love these little gems - perfect for 30 min smoke. Great flavor, draw, good to the last pull. I got a half-dozen from my LCS for about $3 each.

get them if/when you can!!

·
Registered
734 Posts

I tried my first CAO Criollo Pato last night. I have had it sitting in my humidor for about 2 months and I must say I was impressed. Very good from start to finish with a little building of strength about half way through. Good value cigar. Notice I said value, not cheap. They are a good value for the cigar you get in respect to price.

·
Registered
506 Posts

hmm i heard that the criolla's aren't worth a dam, but i'm gonna have to pick one up and try it out myself

·
Registered
13,086 Posts

G-Man said:
I tried my first CAO Criollo Pato last night. I have had it sitting in my humidor for about 2 months and I must say I was impressed. Very good from start to finish with a little building of strength about half way through. Good value cigar. Notice I said value, not cheap. They are a good value for the cigar you get in respect to price.
Enjoyed my first CAO Criollo this evening. G-Man hit the nail on the head. I plan on acquiring more of these. :D

·
SophisticationPersonified
1,430 Posts

thanks, I have a couple of these I've had in my humi for about 3 months waiting for someone to smoke one with me, bt I may smoke one by myself today!

·
Registered
766 Posts

I had a Criollo Wednesday night.
It was very good.
It seemed to me to be a medium bodied cigar.
I have a few more of them in the humi that I am going to let age before I smoke them. :w

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.