Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a displaced Canadian who likes the US and is happy to reside here despite the "issues" that folks from Europe constantly seem to point out, I wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this:

Apparently a guy goes from town to town in the US and finds a gold telephone in a local church that, for the sum of $10,000 you can make a direct call to God in heaven. Upon going to Toronto, he finds a similar gold phone in a church there, but the cost for the heaven call is only $0.25. When he asked why the discrepance in cost, he was told it is a local call from anywhere in Canada...... :D

Any truth to that? heh-heh....... :r

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Only to a canucki... :D

having resided on the us/canada border most of my life, I'm not sure it's true. Say, I know a lot of folks who have cars that plug in to keep the battery warm in winter, do ya'll have the same setup for your humidors? Cold enough to freeze the b*lls off a brass monkey!

But I will admit ya'll have some beautiful country up there! (if only you could keep the canadian drivers out of it)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch Church! Seems I may have opened up a can of worms here...heh-heh! I have to admit that your point about the car plug-ins is well put...I don't miss sub-sub-zero, icey, freeze-the-tears-in-your-eyes cold of my native Edmonton.

By the way Derrek, I have been through Edson many times.....I'm not sure I every really felt close to God, except when those rusty pickups with the good ol boys come barrelling down highway 16 (or is it 16X?) from the all night beer bars....... :D

Now......I do know that just on the other side of Edson is heaven...a place called Jasper in the Canadian Rockies which is truly amazing! ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
kscotty said:
By the way Derrek, I have been through Edson many times.....I'm not sure I every really felt close to God, except when those rusty pickups with the good ol boys come barrelling down highway 16 (or is it 16X?) from the all night beer bars....... :D

Now......I do know that just on the other side of Edson is heaven...a place called Jasper in the Canadian Rockies which is truly amazing! ;)
Ahhh... yes.... one of the good things about living on the border - out until 4am!

Amen to the praise of Jasper - truly a piece of heaven on earth!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.