Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My high school grad is coming up and I want to have a nice cigar with my father. I don't have a humidor and I've been saving for it, so I don't have a lot of extra money. The last cigar I bought from my local head shop smelled like dog. It was an A. Fuente.

· Incoming Opinion!!!
3,306 Posts
There are AWESOME Fuentes and lame Fuentes, IMO.

Not sure what you like... Or what your dad likes... Best smelling box of cigars I can remember was Liga Privada #9. Like a box of chocolates.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are AWESOME Fuentes and lame Fuentes, IMO.

Not sure what you like... Or what your dad likes... Best smelling box of cigars I can remember was Liga Privada #9. Like a box of chocolates.
Well I can't post links yet, but if you care to search... Google "review arturo fuente curly head" and the cigar is the first hit, the Cigarbeat article. I think it might have been my local shop, though. It's a tobacco shop. But they have a small walk in humidor and I don't know how well it's maintained. They really only have some Punches, Acids, Romio y Julietas, and a few Arturo Fuenetes, and some brand which uses the Cohiba band but has a different name. Even my brother commited that it smelled like dog when I asked him how it smelled. It tasted alright, but the smoke had that lingering smell if you smelled it up close.

Anyway, my Dad doesn't even smoke cigars anymore. I'm not sure what he used to smoke, but he told me he'd have one with me after grad.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the 5 vegas classic and gold to be easy smokes, i'd recommend them to non-regular smokers.
Thanks for the reccomendation. I was considering those at first. But my father dipped for years and I smoked cigs for two. I've only smoked mild bodied cigars, but I seem to be unaffected by nicotine. I have never gotten buzzed and even though it's been over two years since I smoked cigs, I still won't get a buzz when I occasionally have one. So I'm sure I can handle a fuller bodied cigar.

· Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for the reccomendation. I was considering those at first. But my father dipped for years and I smoked cigs for two. I've only smoked mild bodied cigars, but I seem to be unaffected by nicotine. I have never gotten buzzed and even though it's been over two years since I smoked cigs, I still won't get a buzz when I occasionally have one. So I'm sure I can handle a fuller bodied cigar.
Then the classic could be a nice choice

· Registered
39 Posts
You might want to try another Arturo Fuente. I prefer the Don Carlos Double Robusto. Very nice smoke. I also enjoy a 5 Vegas once in a while. One of my most favorites is a Diamond Crown #4. Good luck and congratulations on graduating.

· Registered
935 Posts
Nice dude graduation is coming up for me as well.

I have one of the early birthdays and had turned 18 last July.

Well I believe their are many great smokes for cheap prices that compare to higher priced cigars as well.

I would say if you can go to your b&m and try out a few sticks in different strengths and just keep reading reviews on different cigars.

I enjoy Flor De Olivas, Calle Ochos, anything 5 Vegas, and many others.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It would be my honor to give you and your dad graduation cigars. Have you narrowed down a brand?

I would have loved to smoke one with my dad maybe I can live it through you!

LMK

Dave
Wow, that would be an honor to recieve. If you do, I hope to return the favor one day. I haven't narrowed down a brand, but those Liga Privada #9 look like a top notch stick. Other than that, I was considering CAO Brazils. I'm Portuguese and have family in Brazil, so that was the main reason. I have yet to actually try them. I have really only smoked milder Fuentes, but for grad and a special cigar with my pop I want something a little more special and memorable than your milder, average Vegas 5 or Romeo y Julieta.

· Banned
13,386 Posts
Wow, that would be an honor to recieve. If you do, I hope to return the favor one day. I haven't narrowed down a brand, but those Liga Privada #9 look like a top notch stick. Other than that, I was considering CAO Brazils. I'm Portuguese and have family in Brazil, so that was the main reason. I have yet to actually try them. I have really only smoked milder Fuentes, but for grad and a special cigar with my pop I want something a little more special and memorable than your milder, average Vegas 5 or Romeo y Julieta.
Okay lets call this a done deal, you think on it and if I have it it's yours, if I don't have it I am sure I have something very close. I'll watch this thread to see where you end up and you can email me you addy at [email protected]

Get to thinking and Congrats very cool you want to celebrate with your Dad! Lots of time so no rush! :hungry:

Dave

PS I love the CAO Brazils myself! and have some more special cigars in mind I'll mention after you throw it around awhile!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay lets call this a done deal, you think on it and if I have it it's yours, if I don't have it I am sure I have something very close. I'll watch this thread to see where you end up and you can email me you addy at

Get to thinking and Congrats very cool you want to celebrate with your Dad! Lots of time so no rush! :hungry:

Dave

PS I love the CAO Brazils myself! and have some more special cigars in mind I'll mention after you throw it around awhile!
To be honest, I would appreciate any cigar you sent me. Whether it be a CAO Brazil, something else special you have in mind, or an inexpensive cigar. Or even a CC, I will probably only ever get a chance to try one if I get stationed or deployed overseas in the Air Force. I'm facinated by Don Alejandro Robaina and have been wanting to try one of his sticks. I will send you an email in the coming days. Thanks a lot, by the way. I really appreciate it.
o
I've been talking about celebrating post graduation with my father with a nice cigar years before I ever smoked. He smoked a cigar with my older brother when he graduated, my brother was a cigarette smoker, he inhaled, hated it, and got sick. :pound:

· Registered
134 Posts
No matter what you smoke, as long as it's a milder stick, it'll be pretty awesome. Just smoked my first Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Maduro Torpedo - can't recommend it highly enough. Awesome mild smoke with a rich creaminess to it.

· Banned
13,386 Posts
To be honest, I would appreciate any cigar you sent me. Whether it be a CAO Brazil, something else special you have in mind, or an inexpensive cigar. Or even a CC, I will probably only ever get a chance to try one if I get stationed or deployed overseas in the Air Force. I'm facinated by Don Alejandro Robaina and have been wanting to try one of his sticks. I will send you an email in the coming days. Thanks a lot, by the way. I really appreciate it.
o
I've been talking about celebrating post graduation with my father with a nice cigar years before I ever smoked. He smoked a cigar with my older brother when he graduated, my brother was a cigarette smoker, he inhaled, hated it, and got sick. :pound:
Kids been taken care of!! FYI

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.