Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I want to buy some Cubans I wonder if I am being taken to the wood shed. I have heard so many stories about fake expensive Cubans I would like to know what a buyer to do

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
You can ask the same question about watches, or any other luxury goods.

The answer is always the same:

1. you buy the seller not the product

2. if the price seems too good to be true, you're probably looking at fakes

With Cubans, you should be able to tell if they are real or not by carefully looking them over and smoking them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well maybe. I bought some several months ago good dealer not cheap and we ask several knowledgeable people and they said they were real. Sent one of these Cohibas to a cuban friend of mine for a christmas smoke and he told me that the label was fake. He has been smoking these beasts for years and I believe him. Maybe they need to put radioisotopes on them when they leave the factory.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
:tg I dont think there as a Cuban slave trade...haha :tg

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Actually, inside of the US, buying Cuban cigars is illegal. Outside of the US, the best way to make sure you are getting real Cuban cigars is to go through an authorized La Casa de Habano store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.