Cigar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend me a cigar that has any licorice taste to it?
i'm open to anything..I'm new to cigars.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Dip it in Sambuca. I wouldn't, but, hey, some do in rum and bourbon.:confused:

Grinch OUT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn, oh well
i love licorice, thought it might make an interesting taste along with some fine tobacco.
hmm, i wonder how a cigar would be dipped in jagermeister.

·
Registered
283 Posts
interesting post.

A little while ago someone did a good review of an ERDM LaVonda and one of the words he used was 'anise'. I remembered I had some way back but I used the word 'yuck' and hadn't seen them since. Sure enough they were holding up some boxes in one of my coolers and so I lit one up. They're four years old now, smooth as can be, and I'll be damned if I couldn't taste a note of licorice (anise) in them!

I'm not one to pick flavors out of a cigar, I usually say 'great flavor depth' or 'no depth'.

If you're looking for licorice you're probably not interested in these, you probably want a flavored cigar, but it just reminded me of that story...

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hey Hogg,

Thanks for the reminder of just how good an aged dometic can be, I got myself too spoiled smoking Havanas all the time.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
291 Posts
Licorice tasting cigars...only while drinking Sambuca. Never had one that tasted liked licorice yet...by itself.
If you know cigars that taste like "iodine, leather, and raw meat"...as descibed in a CA review, please let me know so that I can avoid those smokes.
:w

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would recommend that you just start trying out some decent quality cigars first. I like the taste of capers, olives, and tamarin; but I don't necessarily want those flavors in my cigars ;) There's many flavored cigars out there if you're looking for a particular flavor, but I would not recommend a single one of them:r

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
I'm not a fan of flavored cigars, which is what you would have to buy to find one with licorice flavors in it, but the CAO line has a more "sophisticated' line of flavored cigars. The guy at the local store says he can't keep them in stock. I'm referring to the Moontrance and the bella vanilla. They are really sweet and aromatic. I'd also pick up a couple of CAO Brazilias or Criollos while you're there and see what flavors you truly prefer. You might be really surprised. ;)
SB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is kinda a balls move but if you have a boner for lic than you might try it.

Buy a wine barrel-Oak
Fill it with a couple bottles of the liquor of choice.

Secure a rack in the middle o fthe barrel and let the juice season the cigars for a while. Check them twice a day so they dont get to moist.

I met a Cuban Cigarmaker that did this with cognac and they were pretty tasty. I wouldnt do it with your best sticks.....

You can also try injecting flavor with a cooking seringe threw the top of the cigar. This will flavor it lightly. Again be carefull.

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
I had a box of SLR PC's that I would describe as having an "anise" flavor to them and others who were smoking them also said the same thing. Maybe their worth a try (think they were 97 or 98's).

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
According to CA, the Joya de Nicaragua Antano Robusto Grande tastes like licorice, whereas the Grand Consul tastes like wet leather?, cocoa, and pepper. The beli, however, tastes like coffee and Marvin Shanken smacks of the unidentified substance he has been smoking.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I had an Aurora a while back that had a sort of chocolaty anise taste to it. I don't remember its exact name, but you may want to run it by the guys at your cigar shop for more help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carlos Torano Exodus Gold......pre light draw tasted somethin like licorice.......had a licorice aftertaste too..those are very good:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts