Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read alot of good things about the Cameroon wrappers, I've tried 7 or 8 cigars with that wrapper. I've tried to like it but I really just don't care for it. My last one was a Fuente Hemmingway Short Story, just tossed it about 1/4 inch down. Tried a couple cheaper cigars with Cameroon wrappers, and some med ($7-$10). They just have a nasty taste to me. Tried them while drinking water, port, nothing, etc. Anybody else feel the same?

· Registered
92 Posts
i have had about 10 of the indian tabac cameroon legends and i liked them. however i decided to buy a box of the indian tabac cameroon leged maduros and it was a mistake. i think the maduros are dyed because my fingers and lips turned brown. i also got my finger wet and rubbed the wrapper and it also turned brown very easily. i didnt think rocky patel would do that do his cigars but i guess i was wrong. i ended up giving them away because i didnt want to smoke them after my realization. so stay away from the cameroon maduro by indian tabac.

also just curious, ive never seen a cameroon maduro outside of the indian tabac line, have any of you?

· Registered
3,691 Posts
I like Cameroon wrappers; love the Short Story. Best Cameroon I have had recently is the Taboo Cameroon. Course I like just about every other wrapper except for Connecticut, which is ironic because I drive past tobacco fields in Connecticut on my work. I have found that I am tending more toward natural wrappers lately and prefer natural over maduros.

· Registered
3,150 Posts
I hate Cameroons!!!

They are harsh on the back of my throat... terrible aftertaste, they remind me of something toxic and nasty!!!:hn

I send all mine to George (gnukfu)!!! He eats 'em for breakfast!!!:r

· Registered
2,074 Posts
I like Cameroon wrappers; love the Short Story. Best Cameroon I have had recently is the Taboo Cameroon. Course I like just about every other wrapper except for Connecticut, which is ironic because I drive past tobacco fields in Connecticut on my work. I have found that I am tending more toward natural wrappers lately and prefer natural over maduros.
I love every type of wrapper, but it has to be at the right time. Connecticut in the morning, Maduro or Sun Grown in the evening...but I can do a Camaroon at any time. A little spice, a hint of sweetness, a slight earthy taste to it :dr...ok now I need to go and grab a cigar :ss

· Possum on a gumbush!
2,338 Posts
I love every type of wrapper, but it has to be at the right time. Connecticut in the morning, Maduro or Sun Grown in the evening...but I can do a Camaroon at any time. A little spice, a hint of sweetness, a slight earthy taste to it :dr...ok now I need to go and grab a cigar :ss
:tpd::tu

· Registered
2,048 Posts
i have had about 10 of the indian tabac cameroon legends and i liked them. however i decided to buy a box of the indian tabac cameroon leged maduros and it was a mistake. i think the maduros are dyed because my fingers and lips turned brown. i also got my finger wet and rubbed the wrapper and it also turned brown very easily. i didnt think rocky patel would do that do his cigars but i guess i was wrong. i ended up giving them away because i didnt want to smoke them after my realization. so stay away from the cameroon maduro by indian tabac.

also just curious, ive never seen a cameroon maduro outside of the indian tabac line, have any of you?
the maduro is actually a brazilan wrapper i think

· Registered
1,324 Posts
I haven't had a lot of experience with Cameroon but I LOVE the La Aurora Preferido Cameroon. I have had the AF vut didn't care for it. Can anyone suggest others I should try that are similar to the La Aurora in flavor profile.

· Registered
319 Posts
I agree totally. I've had several cameroon wrapped cigars that weren't bad, but they just don't do it for me. Not to mention they're usually pretty fragile. I can live without maduros either. Just not an enjoyable taste in my opinion. cheers.

· Registered
549 Posts
I really enjoy a Cameroon cigar - the Hemingway and other are among my regulars. I would say that my favorite is the corojo wrapper. EMS or Colorado maduros are also on my list. I have found I am not a big fan of the broadleaf maduro anymore.

Tastes change and evolve. Some tastes are not for everybody.

Read my dictum below in regard to smoking cigars.

· Looking for another home
118 Posts
I hate Cameroons!!!

They are harsh on the back of my throat... terrible aftertaste, they remind me of something toxic and nasty!!!:hn

I send all mine to George (gnukfu)!!! He eats 'em for breakfast!!!:r
How do you really feel?? :r

· Registered
734 Posts
And I REALLY like Cammies. Maybe because AF Short Stories were my first REAL cigar many years ago.

Just finished my second La Aurora preferido today. Nubbed both of them. Wish they weren't so spendy, I'd do a few every day.

Everyones tastes are different.

FN in MT:cb

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.