Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cigar's Vitals

Size: 6x54
wrapper, filler, binder: Honduran
price paid: $7.50
Overall rating (1 to 10) 8.5

Picked up one of these at the local tobacconist's shop at their recommendation. First off, this cigar looks amazing. Beautiful, silky smooth wrapper and a great torpedo shape. I did notice a few soft spots in the construction. Lit it up...perfect draw with voluminous smoke. Smooth, complex leathery and toasty flavors everywhere. I can still taste them this morning! Med to high octane on the power scale and definitely full bodied. I think it might have been a bit green or perhaps too humid in my humidifier because it started to turn sour and soft about 1/2 way through just as the flavor was really starting to kick in. One problem was that the ash was extremely flaky and got all over me. There were some minor burn problems but nothing a quick touch up with the lighter didn't fix. I think that with a little more time in a proper humifier these will be true heavyweight contenders. I'd recommend these to my friends without hesistation.

SilvrBck

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Good review. I had just about the identical experience with the SLR Torpedoe I burned up.

I bought a box of the Camacho SLR Coronas' 5.5 by 44, they are a very good strong domestic cigar. Loads of flavor and smoke, with great construction and a fine finish.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The sample I picked last spring was pretty good too. Although you really can't judge a line by one cigar, I found the SLR more to my taste than the rest of Camacho's current offerings.

G

·
Had one this weekend

What a great cigar these guys are putting out, across the board...
Not a big fan of Bacaratt though.......

·
hut hunter
8,515 Posts
I agree with you, a very good cigar. I was surprised when I tried mine, and the price isnt outrageous either.:w

1 - 6 of 6 Posts