Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, to all the students out there just beginning the new semester...

I need a spot to rant and b**** about school and figured others do to...so I decided to create a little place...Hell, I may be the only one, but I'm sure I'll rant here throughout the next couple of years...I'm going to law school after being out of college for 6 years...the return to campus has reminded me of some things I hoped to forget...

Books...are you kidding me...5 books = $740, and that doesn't include supplements...and book buy back, what a joke...

New people that don't read any of the information they mail you, or the information posted by profs online...then waste your time asking questions...READ THE INFO THEY MAIL YOU...that's why they mail it!

Class starts for me on Tuesday, but I got my first week assignments last Tuesday...can they give me homework before the teach me anything? Well, the did.

The only bonus...I forgot about college chicks!

Anybody else need to let off some steam?

jag

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
All right, to all the students out there just beginning the new semester...

I need a spot to rant and b**** about school and figured others do to...so I decided to create a little place...Hell, I may be the only one, but I'm sure I'll rant here throughout the next couple of years...I'm going to law school after being out of college for 6 years...the return to campus has reminded me of some things I hoped to forget...

Books...are you kidding me...5 books = $740, and that doesn't include supplements...and book buy back, what a joke...

New people that don't read any of the information they mail you, or the information posted by profs online...then waste your time asking questions...READ THE INFO THEY MAIL YOU...that's why they mail it!

Class starts for me on Tuesday, but I got my first week assignments last Tuesday...can they give me homework before the teach me anything? Well, the did.

The only bonus...I forgot about college chicks!

Anybody else need to let off some steam?

jag
good for you for going back to law school. :tu

In hopes of saving you one less thing to bitch about, here's some humble advice:

1) Yeah in law school you do the reading before hand. Entirely different way of studying, entirely different way of learning, and an entirely different way of being taught. The sooner you get used to it, the better. Law school is nothing like college. do the reading, because if you don't you'll be hopelessly lost.

good luck!

·
Banned
5,814 Posts
come to my program....you'll either hang yourself or them....I'm going to hope for them....and the students.....

my list of stuff I hate about my graduate program is way, way, way to long
I know what you mean. I have been procrastinating in getting back into my second graduate program (MBA). I was halfway through and put it on the back burner. I need to get my ass in gear and just deal with the crap again.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Never buy from campus bookstores. I don't know how they get away with gouging students, but they do. I buy online and priority ship. Usually save 25-60% over campus store costs.

Rants hmmm.....

Oh yeah....I live in fvcking Louisiana...it's hotter than balls here during the day. Walking to class sucks.

College chicks are always a plus. Especially twins who are both tennis players and majoring in physics and math :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
god forbid you open your mind and learn something :rolleyes:

PS, I'll stay out of this thread so all y'all can rant in peace.
Ok maybe i should clarify. It's not the professors themselves i have the problem with. It's the one's that use their classroom as a soapbox to preach their point of view. I mean what's politics got to do w/ trig? I've only had a couple like this, but it was like torture treatment. :2

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got something to complain about. My accounting professor said last wednesday that we will have class on monday, labor day. but today when the whole class shows up, he wasn't there. I walked 1 whole mile for nothing, I wasted 45 mins of my life, where that could have been spent sleeping. :mad:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ok maybe i should clarify. It's not the professors themselves i have the problem with. It's the one's that use their classroom as a soapbox to preach their point of view. I mean what's politics got to do w/ trig? I've only had a couple like this, but it was like torture treatment. :2
I took an "upper level business class" which was considered the cornerstone of the business admin. program by the college.

It was taught by a woman who went only by the name "Mushiba", and nothing else. She wore only the colors purple and gold. I am not making this up. Every day she wore a purple sun dress with purple and gold reboks from 1990. She ran a "spiritual organization" called Terra Lux.

I could not ****ing stand the way she taught this class. It was called "Problem Solving and Decision Making" but it was more about not hurting other peoples feelings than anything else. Most days I would sit there and bang my head on the desk in frustration, asking myself what this had to do with business. I ended up dropping it because she was such a wacko.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.