Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caffè chiaro

Hi guys...

Its my first post here in this forum, but I've been reading for a few months now.

Just wanted to say that I've had a 6 cup mokapot in my house for years (actually every Italian family in NJ has at least 3 of these things) and have used it occasionally on the weekends but only with pre-ground espresso.

Well my bday was a few days ago, and I happened to get a gift certificate from CI. With that, they threw in a free 1lb bag of espresso beans. So last weekend I decided to grind them up (I have a little Cuisinart grinder) and make a fresh pot. MINCHIA it was good!!

So now my nightly routine has been to make a pot, then sit outside with a cigar and my laptop after dinner. Its without a doubt the most relaxing part of my day.

Tonight I changed it up a bit, and heated up then wisked some milk and added it to the espresso and it was delicious. I know you guys call that cafe-au-lait but my family always called it caffè chiaro which means light coffee in Italian. I actually got the creamy oozy goodness that Mister Moo always talks about after realizing that I wasnt filling the basket up enough. It was a GREAT cup of coffee.

So in closing, I just wanted to introduce myself to this particular forum, and to thank the numerous people who have helped to show me the way back to better tasting coffee.

BTW, my name's Sal and I'm a cigar & espresso addict!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Re: caffè chiaro

Welcome to the coffee forum Sal, from a pretty new coffee convert here too. I also have the 6-cup moka pot, still trying to get the technique perfected though. But there's a lot to learn here, and a lot of money to be spent :tu. Looking forward to seeing you around.

·
Ask me why I dinged Black
10,415 Posts

Yo, Sal-lee! How you doin'?

Great post and, obviously, great coffee; once you get that creamy rich foam to ooze when the brew begins then you are ruined forever. Hard to go back.

By the way, I would give up all the banana pudding in North Carolina for one freshly baked canoli shell, just-now filled with freshly whipped cream by an actual Italian grandma right before my eyes. Then put on a plate along with a cup of your cafemoka chiaro. Out on the stoop, with a long, skinny cigar on a summer evening. Dag - that'd be good.

You got a stoop? You got a gramma who likes to bake? You got a spare bedroom? :r

·
Trout Hunter
4,529 Posts

Great post and, obviously, great coffee; once you get that creamy rich foam to ooze when the brew begins then you are ruined forever. Hard to go back.

By the way, I would give up all the banana pudding in North Carolina for one freshly baked canoli shell, just-now filled with freshly whipped cream by an actual Italian grandma right before my eyes. Then put on a plate along with a cup of your cafemoka chiaro. Out on the stoop, with a long, skinny cigar on a summer evening. Dag - that'd be good.

You got a stoop? You got a gramma who likes to bake? You got a spare bedroom? :r
Indeed!!! Road trip to the newbs house!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

AOOOOO....Thanks for the welcome guys! Looking forward to bantering with you all, and learning new things.

You guys are always welcome on my "stoop" the next time your around NJ. I'll make you some steak pizzaiola that will put you on your asses! :r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.