Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is a dumper. The opening of the tin has an awesome aroma of dried figs/plums/toffee...Crazy good smell.

Burn quality is lackuster, hard to stay lit. Worst of all when separating the cake, the stuff is very much tiny flecks of stuff. It really is a lousy composition of chopped tobacco bits...many that pass through the stem.

I had to puff without lighting to ensure things didn't make it through the stem.

When finally lit, it burned hot and dry. Not sure I got much of anything but cavendish...Perique...maybe it was more present when not aged. Overall it was a very bland smoke, not much of the fruity character from the aroma came through.

In this case I think some extra moisture might have been needed as it was very dry in the tin. Maybe it needed to be smoked fresher and not aged...But the excessively small tobacco bits, really made it no fun to smoke. Boring.

So this one goes to the blend bag...Kajun Cake, plum cake, and esoterica margate...maybe that'll be interesting.

·
Banned
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scap...to answer your question...20+ years of manic depression, and hypomania...Nope!

But sometimes when I get a good bowl packed and only need one match, yes then I'm generally pretty happy.

·
Banned
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps you got different tins...each batch can vary a bit. The margate leaves a bbq potato chip flavor in my mouth for eternity. Could be I'm just not a Latakia person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.