Cigar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read Grim's earlier review just now and had to review this one again because I love this stick!

This was the 2nd CAO maduro robusto I've smoked and they have both been excellent. The construction was almost flawless, very smooth, box pressed. It was chocolate in color and gave off a very distinct coffee/cocoa aroma. It clipped perfectly and lit beautifully. Right from the first draw I was tasting the cocoa flavors with black coffee notes and sweet spices. I didn't have a problem drawing and was getting loads of smoke. I'd say it was on the "tighter" side, but I prefer it that way...The burn was even all the way down. I ashed it twice. I want to say this cigar is "chewy". Almost like smoking a coffee granola bar or something (for lack of a better analogy...) but I'd say medium bodied w/ a mild kick. In my limited experience this is not quite as complex as the Rocky Patel Vintage 92 Robusto, but a very nice stick that I'd highly recommend to try if you haven't. Beautiful. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.