Cigar Forums banner

C.A.O. Extreme Review

671 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Spagg 
G
#1 ·
Smoked my first Extreme a couple of days ago. I'm a newbie, still trying out various sticks for a good go-to smoke. Have to say Extreme is not it. I have smoked CAO golds, and CAO Criollo's, also have a Brazilla in humidor to try. Was impressed with the Gold and the Criollo.

I enjoy more of a medium body smoke, and the Extreme is more on the full body side. I made the mistake of smoking it on an empty stomach, which did not help. First time I have had a smoke that made me queazy (Probably the taint to my review).

On the plus side, the extreme had an enjoyable flavor I would say was nutty, maybe somewhat "woodsy" in taste. It had excellent smoke quantity and quality, and was not un-pleasant to smell. The cigar had excellent ash retention, and burned evenly to the last draw.

If I was into stronger smokes, I would not pass this smoke up. But if you are more of a mild to medium smoker, you might find this one on the strong side.

G
#4 ·
Re: C.A.O. Extreme

DownUnder LLG said:
Hey man, nice review.
Pity you didn't enjoy it totally.
Not ready to give up on them. Enjoyed flavor and smoke too much. As a matter of fact, brought a five pack of churchill lenght off of cigarbid.com couple of days ago, expect them today or tommorrow. Will use caution next time, and smoke on a full stomach.

#7 ·

Nice review.......since you like the Brazilias and like the general profile of the Extreme............give the CAO Cameroon line a try (the Beli is my fav in this line)..........Lately, I've been into stronger smokes; however, the Cammies are full of flavor and they won't knock your socks off with power.

:D

#8 ·

my bad....just noticed you didn't try the Brazilia................they're a little less stiff than the Extreme and full of flavor as well.

I've been meaning to try their Italia line too......................so many cigars..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.