Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smoked my first Extreme a couple of days ago. I'm a newbie, still trying out various sticks for a good go-to smoke. Have to say Extreme is not it. I have smoked CAO golds, and CAO Criollo's, also have a Brazilla in humidor to try. Was impressed with the Gold and the Criollo.

I enjoy more of a medium body smoke, and the Extreme is more on the full body side. I made the mistake of smoking it on an empty stomach, which did not help. First time I have had a smoke that made me queazy (Probably the taint to my review).

On the plus side, the extreme had an enjoyable flavor I would say was nutty, maybe somewhat "woodsy" in taste. It had excellent smoke quantity and quality, and was not un-pleasant to smell. The cigar had excellent ash retention, and burned evenly to the last draw.

If I was into stronger smokes, I would not pass this smoke up. But if you are more of a mild to medium smoker, you might find this one on the strong side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: C.A.O. Extreme

DownUnder LLG said:
Hey man, nice review.
Pity you didn't enjoy it totally.
Not ready to give up on them. Enjoyed flavor and smoke too much. As a matter of fact, brought a five pack of churchill lenght off of cigarbid.com couple of days ago, expect them today or tommorrow. Will use caution next time, and smoke on a full stomach.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I really enjoyed this cigar but the draw was a little hard on mine. The flavor was good but i didnt get too much smoke because of the tight draw. I would love to buy anouther one to see how much better it could be.

·
Registered
676 Posts

Nice review.......since you like the Brazilias and like the general profile of the Extreme............give the CAO Cameroon line a try (the Beli is my fav in this line)..........Lately, I've been into stronger smokes; however, the Cammies are full of flavor and they won't knock your socks off with power.

:D

·
Registered
676 Posts

my bad....just noticed you didn't try the Brazilia................they're a little less stiff than the Extreme and full of flavor as well.

I've been meaning to try their Italia line too......................so many cigars..........

·
Registered
786 Posts

Nice review! I think you were turned off at first because the cigar made you nauseas. I had the same problem with a cigar I smoked on an empty stomach, and I can't bring myself to buy another (even though I probably should!!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.