Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing against CAO cigars, but am I the only one who doesn't like these?..

I've tried the MX2, Brazilia, Extreme, Maduro Cameroons, and even the Odyssey and they all kind of taste ehh....

Like I said, nothing against them - they are no doubt a very high quality cigar and I really like the creativity behind their lines, but every one I smoke just tastes a little one dimensional - straightforward tabacco flavor and not much else.

Anyway, I guess thats one of the great things about cigars - if everyone liked every brand it wouldn't be very interesting... :u

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LastClick said:
The only cigar I like from CAO is their Extreme. The rest of their line is kind of blah, IMHO.
Yeah, I guess if I had to choose the one I liked best it would be the Extreme also - I like em strong.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I pretty much likes em all.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Used to like them...until Perdomo got his hands on them. Havent touched one in quite a while

I used to love the Maduro...such a warm chocolatey taste. Since Perdomo took over I havent been able to find one with the same taste or anywhere near the construction they had when Torano made them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
About the only CAO I like is the Cameroon Anni.....

.... I'm inclined to call it one of the finer domestics out there, and perhaps the best Cameroon wrapper I've had. I believe Torano is making them now.

The Extreme is as unsmokeable a cigar as I have had, but the one CAO I've had that just irritates me is the Italia. There is something wrong with that cigar. Don't know what it is, but it just tastes wrong.

So in other words, you aint the only one

smokemifyagotem said:

I've tried the MX2, Brazilia, Extreme, Maduro Cameroons, and even the Odyssey and they all kind of taste ehh....

Like I said, nothing against them - they are no doubt a very high quality cigar and I really like the creativity behind their lines, but every one I smoke just tastes a little one dimensional - straightforward tabacco flavor and not much else.

Anyway, I guess thats one of the great things about cigars - if everyone liked every brand it wouldn't be very interesting... :u
:BS :bx :w

·
Registered
681 Posts
smokemifyagotem said:
Yeah, I guess if I had to choose the one I liked best it would be the Extreme also - I like em strong.
I like the strong one's as well. The only problem is that most of my favorites are stronger, so when I smoke a med to mild cigar, I can barely taste them. Bummer.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Personally I dont like them, maybe its cuz the bad experiences ive had with them: I had 2 brazilias from 2 diffrent lots and they were both terrible, Ive also had a bad MX2, and a camaroon was ok, and the Italia was ok also, and didnt live up to all the hype. To all the Gorillas out there who love the CAO line sorry and no disrespect intended.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
You know the great thing about this obsession is the myriad of flavor profiles out there. Everybody likes different things which keeps the market filled with variety. I think its awesome.

One man's crap is another man's..... well........... crap:D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey Zemekone ! They're lookin' for ya in the "Blind reviews" thread. Check your PMs.

zemekone said:
Personally I dont like them, maybe its cuz the bad experiences ive had with them: I had 2 brazilias from 2 diffrent lots and they were both terrible, Ive also had a bad MX2, and a camaroon was ok, and the Italia was ok also, and didnt live up to all the hype. To all the Gorillas out there who love the CAO line sorry and no disrespect intended.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I thought I'd heard Torano had taken over for Perdomo...

AAlmeter said:
Used to like them...until Perdomo got his hands on them. Havent touched one in quite a while

I used to love the Maduro...such a warm chocolatey taste. Since Perdomo took over I havent been able to find one with the same taste or anywhere near the construction they had when Torano made them.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Brazilia, Criollo, Cameroon, eXtreme, Gold... I like them all... Gold was a perfect cigar (mild) to smoke after Id been sick for a week or two...

I like the Piranha brothers best... :)

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LastClick said:
I like the strong one's as well. The only problem is that most of my favorites are stronger, so when I smoke a med to mild cigar, I can barely taste them. Bummer.
Agreed! i think my buds are fried! :p :p :p

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
smokemifyagotem said:

My Daughter doesn't like lobster. More for me!

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
magno said:
I thought I'd heard Torano had taken over for Perdomo...
They may have once again, and my info may be outdated. But CAO was first being made by Torano, and then they switched production of some of their brands to Perdomo. They may have switched again....who knows.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The Brazilia Gol! is one of my favorites. I got a box for Christmas that I've been decimating since, I haven't had a bad one of those yet. I wasn't too impressed with the cameroons, but that was a long time ago that I tried them so perhaps my taste has changed.

I've had three of the Italias so far, two Ciaos and one Gondola. The Ciaos were tasty smokes but the Gondola was kind of... funky. It'll be a little while till I try them again. I had an MX2 and didn't like that at all. I guess the point of all this is that I really like the Brazilias. :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.