Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever buy from this site? They have some extremely cheap prices like a box of 25 Padron 2000s for $60 and 25 Padron 3000s for 74.

Was going to order a box of 2000s but wanted to find out if they are a reliable site first.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
They seem to be associated with Yahoo Shopping, I think Yahoo has buyer protection but look into that instead of just trusting me ;-)

They have great prices on some cigars but some others are downright bad. (they are like $20 higher than Holt's on Punch Gran Puro for instance)

That is an outstanding price on the Paron's. Hell 2 people have #2000s bid to $76 on cbid tonight :D

MAtt

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my cigars, and boy were they fast, I ordered them on Wed. night at 6:00pm and got them in the mail today (Fri at 11:30 pm). From California to Indiana USPS no less. :D

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
summerkc said:
Just got my cigars, and boy were they fast, I ordered them on Wed. night at 6:00pm and got them in the mail today (Fri at 11:30 pm). From California to Indiana USPS no less. :D
Enjoy them, they're YUMMY. I know where to buy the next box :D .

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Hey SummerKC, do the #2000s from them taste "real" to you? Padrón serial numbers their more expensive lines to prevent fakes, and I noticed pictures of fakes on another site I can't recall now.

I was looking at their other Padrón cigars and noticed they are below MSRP on most of them at this site.

MSRP on the #2000s for instance is $86.

I am putting together a Padrón fact sheet from information posted on CP today. Linked Here

Matt

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
txmatt said:
Hey SummerKC, do the #2000s from them taste "real" to you?
Yes, they taste "real" good! If they are fakes, they are the best fake I've ever smoked!

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
AAlmeter said:
fake 2000s???
Well it is less rampant on sub $3 cigars, but since the name on the ring is Padrón; You Betcha.

CA has a great gallery of pictures to help determine fakes. You will notice on THIS link photographs of fake Padrón Series cigar boxes - regular old run of the mill Diplomaticos, Exclusivos, and Imperials.

Of the Non-ISOMs most Montecristo, Fuente Opus X, and (unfortunately) most Padróns are victims of counterfeits.

Matt

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Well besides the low prices, buymorecigars.com seems to be set on good customer service.

I had ordered a catalog off of the site when summerkc asked about it. Although I haven't placed an order with them yet they sent me 2 sampler cigars in an empty box and a copy of Wine Spectator last week to apologise for the catalog not being available.

They are printing a new Fall/Winter catalog soon. I will post when I get mine. Needless to say I am going to order my next box of Padron's from BuyMoreCigars.com

Matt

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
You weren't kidding about the prices on Padrons. It's funny how one dealer will have great prices on one manufacturer & lousy prices on another.

My desktop is getting cluttered with shortcuts to all these sites & I can't remember who has the best prices on what.

Just the other day I ordered a box of DC #4's & then found out from a brother that I could have bought them from smokeall & saved @ $25.00! Ah well, live & learn. I did find a box of Sosa Wavell's at Rocky's for $75.00 & ordered those as well. I think I did all right there. I found a site (www.pipesandcigars.com) in Albany, NY that had the best price, so far, on the Butera Royal Vintage Bravo Corto's that I've been looking for. Will have to wait til next month though as I've pretty much blown my budget for this month.

It's also funny that having as many cigars (brands, sizes, etc.) as I have, is never enough. I go to the humidors & don't know what to smoke sometimes. It's like having 300 channels on the TV & not being able to find anything to watch. :rolleyes:

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I will try to remember E-fan, but as it is probably several weeks in the future...I may forget. If you see a review of the Butera, & I haven't contacted you, then pm me & I will get back to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.