Cigar Forums banner

Is it important to you to see the cigars, at least in a picture, before buying them?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It doesn't matter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to say this is my first post and I have been lurking for a while on these boards and I already love it here.

Anyway, the question is, Is it important to you to see the cigars, at least in a picture, before buying them?

I ask this because I was debating about this with my friend about the store in our area Poor Richards and how I thought more people would buy on their site if they had pictures of the cigars.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I am the one person who voted it doesn't matter so far. Here's a disclaimer to that vote.
Usually, I know what I am looking for when I buy cigars. I know what kind of cigar & brand I want. If I am taking a chance on it, it is usually because something in the copy, or my research, has piqued my interest. Having said that, I do believe that pictures can make an impact on our buying decisions. If it's in a good looking box, with nice graphics, or has an attractive band, that causes a positive reaction in the spongue I call my brain.
I buy food for my cats & dog that looks good to me. It may not be good to them, but thankfully, they aren't that picky.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Welcome to CS mrboarderman.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
partagaspete said:
I voted no. If I place an order I already know what I want because I shopped around.
I concur! I usually know what I want and so it really doesn't matter...

·
Registered
949 Posts
I said that is doesn't matter. When shopping on the net I look for the best price. I don't care for looking the the product. I already have done the research and I know what I am looking for.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ganz said:
I'm one of those freaks thats loves the original box & bands too :D
Well then I'm a freak too.........however if the price is right and the age of the cigars is spot on....then I can sacrific original box and bands. But I REALLY prefer the original box and bands.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have to admit that much of my pleasure from cigars, and I am a low volume smoker, comes from the experience...it's not so much that I need to have the smoke like a cigarette smoker does. A big part of that experience for me is the look and feel of the cigar, and the band. I like to enjoy a cigar with a nice or interesting band on it....certainly the cigar itself is the key thing of course, but a cool band just adds frosting to the cake.

Also, I like maduros...darker the better and I find that some ideas of maduro are not the same as my own.

One of my fav bands to ponder while smoking is on the Torano Exodus 1959...it has a bright green shield imbedded in it that is translucent to let backlight in while smoking....the thing appears to be glaring light when it is turned away from the sun. I know...a silly thing, but nevetheless something that I like to play with while sitting and enjoying a good cigar! :D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
mrboarderman said:
Anyway, the question is, Is it important to you to see the cigars, at least in a picture, before buying them?
Just a note: Just keep in mind that the pic's you see on websites of the cigars is not the actual box you are buying in most all cases. Its mearly an example.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Good point poker! Even on EBAY! it's still no guarantee that you're looking at "your" cigars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.