Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how common finding bundles in B&Ms are? I'm in the market for one, and I don't want to walk in tommorrow, ask if they have bundles and get laughed out of the store, only to find out that bundles are pretty much an online thing.

I worry about things like that, and I don't know why.

· Granjero del océano
3,628 Posts
The local B & M here has bundles of house brands. I assume you are looking to buy cigars without having to pay for the box and/or packaging.

Sometimes if you want to get "fancy" about it you can refer to them as a mazo which means bundle in Spanish, mazo can also mean mallet BTW.

Anyway just ask, who knows maybe the person working that day will make you a deal, putting together a bundle on the spot.

Good Luck..."you can do it."

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal.

Yeah. I worry about looking stupid a lot. I just need a bit of a boost some time.

Definitely going to hit up the B&M tomorrow.

· Kilted Gorilla
503 Posts
My locals always have bundles. Sometimes these can be good, others not so much. Ask. All they can do it look at you funny and move on. In this case so can you. Like everything in life, find out where you fit.

It does take a bit to start asking questions. I had that problem. However, I found a lot of times the snobbiest bastardsin the stores often know the least about the product.

Check out TXmatt's cheap smoke thread. This might give you some ideas.

My first bundle was Roly's by Puros Indios. Not terrible by any stretch. It's a good break in cigar.

Best of luck.

D

· Registered
51 Posts
Depends on the B&M. The Tinder Boxes here in Charlotte have bundles of mostly "ehhh" quality - the best being the FdO regular line, not my fave from them as I love the FdO maddies.

My other local guy is JR Cigars Statesville and its bundle heaven there.

Then again, you'll pretty much always find better bargains on better bundled smokes online.

JMHO and YMMV......

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Always bundles in the B&M's around here. Its what a lot of the old timers smoke. Especially the ones who smoke 1, 2 or 3 cigars daily. I've seen them go in and buy 2 or 3 bundles of their favorite at a time and they always have a cigar hanging out of their mouth.....

· Registered
1,964 Posts
my locals always carry bundles-anything from $20 to $60-topper makes a nice bndl IMO-also check out the old fashioned line-they're macanoodle, partagas, & punch/hoyo 2nds-good stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.