Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local shop has gotten in a shipment of the Tabacaleratropical cigars. Usually they have the wood boxes of single cigars either in ct shade, cam, or corojo wrappers. Each band is white with a stripe of color that identifies the brand. These cigars usualy go $1.50- $1.95 per stick depending on size. In my honest opinion don't hold a candle to the FdO's and I rarely pick one up.

In with this shipment were bundles of CT cuban leaf cigars. These cigars are unbanded. The prices go from $1 to $1.10 depending on size. I have had a few of the torps and I have to say these are quite good cigars. I have not encounterd any bad burn problems. They seem to draw very well. It is a middle of the road medium strenth cigar, and the flavor is very good. No bitter notes or strong toasty flavors that you find in bargain cigars. (I won't say hints of madigascar vanilla). The wrappers are not veiny and construction has been very well on all the cigars I have had.

The bundles range $20-$22 for 20 cigars and even with looking for something bad to say about them, I really can't. In my opinion these are almost perfect for that quick smoke you try to fit in during the day. You don't feel bad about leaving 1/2 a cigar. Though unbanded they look attractive and give enough kick to hand out to non cigar smokers.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Funnymantrip said:
My local shop has gotten in a shipment of the Tabacaleratropical cigars. Usually they have the wood boxes of single cigars either in ct shade, cam, or corojo wrappers. .....

In with this shipment were bundles of CT cuban leaf cigars. These cigars are unbanded. The prices go from $1 to $1.10 depending on size.
I'm a bit confused (that's not surprising, i usually am ;) ) but are you talking about two different brands here? And have you found them on-line or just in your local shop?

tia

_____
rm

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the confusion. 2 different brands. The box ones in singles are the ones I have always seen. The unbanded bundes are made by the same company but a different line. These are the cigars that I 'reviewed'. It's too early and I have only had 1 cup of coffee.

·
Punch Suckling in Brain
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have not checked for them online as yet. If you were to get them I would take a look at the company website. They are the Conn Grown Cuban seed bundle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.