Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever built a humidor?? I am going to make one once i get home to my shop. maple outside with spanish cedar lining. any suggestions on the humidifier and hygometer? Anybody want one? would be willing to make one for people should hold roughly 50 churchhills. Wouldnt be horribly priced

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nely said:
How much dough is it gonna cost me?
No more than 30 bucks-cost of the wood, humuidifier, hygrometer plus a little for the lacquer and stuff like that. basicly enough to cover the cost and shipping

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will do but i could be a little way

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Take a look in the photo gallery. I built one out of maple and walnut and MattK built a couple, one out of oak if I remember correctly. There are also a couple threads out there with some good info on humidification for custom humidors. Just do a quick search. My humidor is about 5-6 cubic feet and I use passive humidification without a problem. If youre going with a 50 count, some oasis foam or climaxx beads would suit you just fine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I used to build them all the time as a business back in and around '93. But my company never really went anywhere. I seem to have this "do everything myself" when it came to building something as artful as a humidor. Here's my latest, just for myself. If you have trouble finding pre-cut cedar let me know and maybe we can work something out, because most places aside from charging you an outrageous fortune for spanish cedar, it will come in raw form. I pay $3.60 per board foot, and another place I go is still reasonable at $4.20.

P.S. It's supposed to look distressed, but the flash highlighted some of the wood between the cracks that normally wouldn't be seen. Unless of course you open it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.