Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so in the stead of a washer and dryer, I have a almost finished bar in the "laundry" room. The bar top is a deep brown, the stain dubbed "Jacobean". I was wondering if you fine gents would have any advice as to what I should paint the bottom (as in what the counter sits on). I was thinking a beige sorta color but I figured "why not ask puff!".

I'm on my phone right now, but should be able to post pics when I can get back to my computer for more than 5 minutes.

Thanks!

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,873 Posts
Why paint at all why not stain to match the top?

·
Ron Mexico Assault Squid
1,498 Posts
Yeah, if the walls are a light color i would stain the bar a dark color, it doesn't have to be the exact same maybe a slightly lighter shade of the same color.

·
hmmppffftttt.
3,795 Posts
well hed have to paint if the bottom of the bar was drywall...... i went with mustard yellow with a dark wood top...i thought it would look aweful but thats what the wife wanted and ya know what it looks pretty damn good..... but its also tiki themed so that might have a little to do with it

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I see a bottle of Johnny Walker. A nice dark stained bar, a dark rich blue, and a polished brass foot rail. Thats what I see when I picture it. The blue should work nicely for when you get a poker table and have the green felt too! :) I say go with color and get some nice LED lights to recess underneath it. They are very efficient, low profile, don't produce heat.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I kind of have to paint it, haha it's not necessarily the most attractive wood on the block. Still haven't been able to post any pics yet, sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.