Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe some of the more experienced cigar smokers in here can answer a question for me. I've heard a lot about tobacco beetles but have never seen one and have never seen an infested cigar. I bought a cigar from the local shop last week and am wondering if it was infested. While smoking it, I noticed that there were little tunnels throughout the ash. I wish I had thought to take a picture of it but the ash blew off. I've seen pictures of cigars where the beetles have eaten completely through the wrapper, but have any of ya'll ever seen tunnels drilled through the ash? I guess I can say that my cigar had overtones of leather with just a hint of charred beetle (wouldn't that make a helluva review??). Anyhow, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
163 Posts
As the poor person who donated the above cigars for the picture, you now know why I freeze everything!!!

Actually the cigars were in a humidor I bought from a friend. He received a box of Hoyos that brought the infestation. The whole bottom row of the box was nothing but dust!

The afore said humidor was cleaned, sanitized and is now holding half of my collection with no problems for the last 14 months.

Thanks for the memory Poker!!!

Barry

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
One advantage to living in Minnesota...in my lower level office where all my humdors are, it rarely gets over 68 degrees year round!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so do tunnels in the ash mean that I smoked some beetles? or was it a sign that I shouldn't have even tried to smoke a cigar that smelled like aftershave?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Many times a small tunnel towards the center of the ash can just mean there was once a stem or two there that has since been burned away leaving what looks like it could have been a bugger hole.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I wonder how our "friend " liked those smokes when I sent them to him!
Funny thing I havent heard nothing..Dont ya just hate it when you bomb someone and they never even mention it?

The nerve of some folks..

Well the good news is I will be taking up another gift package for him at lol...
hehe
GOtta love it!

Hb

·
Registered
410 Posts
Maybe it had something to do with the enclosed note? Ohh I didint mention that?

Dear _____________,
Enclosed is a aniversary gift.
A few of us took up a collection to honor you and thank you for your consideration when you showed the world how easy it was to obtain a specific types of cigars and from where.
We wanted you to know just how much we appretiated your efforts to draw attention to these things it really takes a true moron to pull off something of that calibur on national TV.

This package was just a little token to let you know that we have not forgot about you or your actions. It does seem that your 15 minutes of Fame are living a bit longer than 15 minutes.

Sincerely
Your Online Buddies...

(hehe)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Then again,

I have this friend who claims that beetle doo-doo adds flavor to a cigar; so he always looks for a cigar with not too many holes so he can smoke it.

What can I say, to each heir own.

MoTheMan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts