Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found and set apart this Partagas 160 from the other cigars....look at, it gross and scary. I checked the others and they look fine and are not in the humi where the 160 was.

I now hate the 160's.....the first one I had was plugged and this one had bugs...sorry but for a $27 cigar, this stuff should never happen

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Exactly why every stick brought into my house is frozen and then put into a quarentine cooler for at least 60 days before going into the general population. It's easy and has no effects that I have found on the cigars. Most of your larger (e-tailers) already do this, but I prefer to do it myself. Just in case.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think this is an important picture. Guys, if you see your cigars like this, go into lockdown mode and get them out of your humidor immediately!
Thats what I did......I am now looking for more bags to put my prized smokes in cause I cant afford to loose these suckers

DD......I will, freeze these bastids.

·
Elder Berry
4,708 Posts
Sergione, man that is really a crap situation man. Ya know, I've seen plenty of pics of damage from those buggers but never the actual bugs (that was one on the left, no?). I just recently did a stick-check of my stash and was happy to find no evidence once again. But I am a bit paranoid about finding those suckers when you see a stick like a Partagas 160 with holes in it and critters coming out... The freeze lockdown is the only way... Anyone here messed with freeze-dryers?

CD

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Wow that really suck arse! And to have this happen to a super premium stick makes it even worse.

Just curious...what temp and humidity is your humidor? From the research I've done, it seems these little critters have a tendency to come out when the temperature in the humidor gets high. I know that's not always why, but definitely something to check out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts