Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a somewhat new pipe (i've smoked maybe six bowls on it) it's a Savinelli 316 KS. The problem is that the very bottom of the bowl is a little lower than where the hole is. So when i get to the very bottom of the bowl there is a bit of tobacco left over. There is no way i can't smoke it all they way down. Is this normal, or will that little space on the bottom of the bowl fill in with cake eventually?

· Heavy Puffer
7,169 Posts
I have a somewhat new pipe (i've smoked maybe six bowls on it) it's a Savinelli 316 KS. The problem is that the very bottom of the bowl is a little lower than where the hole is. So when i get to the very bottom of the bowl there is a bit of tobacco left over. There is no way i can't smoke it all they way down. Is this normal, or will that little space on the bottom of the bowl fill in with cake eventually?
The drilling could cause a perpetual problem for you if it's too high, however, most people would not recommend trying to re-drill it yourself. You could always send it in to be re-drilled, or try returning it depening on your vendor's return policy.

If you would rather keep it the way it is, your best bet is to make sure your tobacco is really dry, or to try smoking half-full bowls until you get some cake down there.

· I am my brothers keeper!
2,692 Posts
i have a couple pipes like this...they all smoke fine so i dont sweat it. Its just an itty bitty bit in the bottom of the bowl. Not enough to worry about. If you want to fill it in just keep smoking it and when its time to ream it .....dont ream it all the way down.

· -
11,798 Posts
i have a couple pipes like this...they all smoke fine so i dont sweat it. Its just an itty bitty bit in the bottom of the bowl. Not enough to worry about. If you want to fill it in just keep smoking it and when its time to ream it .....dont ream it all the way down.
i concur. i've had a couple in my time that were like that... i wouldn't worry about it at all, if it's just a little bit above. i don't know too many ppl that actually smoke every single strand of tobacco in their bowl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.