Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· (__[$}___Cigars___}}}}}
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was bored with my tobacco, so i took one of my cheap, but good smoking grabows and cut a piece of a cigar in it. I had to kind of stuff it in, but it still had very good draw. It smoked surprisingly well, but i didnt like the taste(like eating pepper). When i was done, i noticed the nicest looking white ash covering the bowl. Has anyone ever thought about using cigars to break in a new pipe? I wish i had a nice camera, the ash is incredibly even and good looking.

· Registered
3,624 Posts
The last inch of cigar is where are the nicotine and other nasties build up. If you want to add a little cigar leaf to an existing blend it might work, but I would think a couple of end pieces that you trim off would be sufficient to add a hint to cigar to a bowl of a pipe blend.

I still think nothing beats Carter Hall or Prince Albert for breaking in a pipe. Builds cake quickly and easily with a neutral flavor. Will have to pick up a pouch or two to help with the Club Pipe. Or maybe I will just grab a tub of CH to have in.

· Registered
206 Posts
I don't think the last inch of a cigar would taste very pleasant in a pipe. However if you took the first inch of a cigar, that might be good, try it and let us know how it tastes...
You are probably right. Anything past a burnt finger is not worth smoking. I can understand thinking about it though. There have been cigars I never wanted to end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.