Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey puffers,

I recently found a pretty nice deal on Groupon that gets you a $100 coupon for $49 at BnB Tobacco. I'm just not sure what to order that can be bought at $100 a box and is worthwhile.

I recently had my first Alec Bradley American Classic blend and I really enjoyed it, but it seemed to get a bit spicy for me near the end. I was considering ordering a box of these, but I realized that I could be missing out on something else that I might enjoy more.

If the coupon was for Cigars International, I'd have no trouble picking out the bundles I would order. But it's not. BnB's selection is a lot more limited than CI's, and frankly, I'm not too familiar with the bigger name brands, simply because I've not really been able to afford them before.

My current favorite cigars include, but not limited to: Bahia Maduro, R y J Romeos, Alec Bradley American Classic Blend, and Baccarat "The Game"

I'm a fan of maduro wrapped cigars, but lately, I've been getting kind of bored with them. I've found that I'm really enjoying good connecticut wrapped cigars more recently.

Anyway, any suggestions?

· Resident Perdomo Whore
1,199 Posts
I just used that groupon myself. Got a box of AB American Sungrown coronas and a fiver of Padron maduro churchills. To do it over again I might have got a box of the Padrons, but whatever I really like those American Sungrown. Anyway, when you go to use it hang out for a few minutes at the checkout screen and go to leave the page. They will give you free shipping to complete the order.

· Registered
598 Posts
Sounds like you might still be developing your pallete? If yes, then go for some 5ers and even some singles like Padron 1926/64's. BnB has plenty of those available and it's a great way to try a few different thing and stay within your $100 gift certificate.

· Registered
95 Posts
Sweet, i just bought this deal because of you.

I got
1 Casa de Garcia Toro Fresh Foil Loc 5 Pack
1 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story Single
1 Padron's Finer with Age 5ct Sampler
1 Diamond Crown No. 6 Figurado Single
1 Romeo Y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #2 Single

for $55 shipped. And thanks wicked for the tip, just saved $7+ on shipping!

· Registered
598 Posts
Sweet, i just bought this deal because of you.

I got
1 Casa de Garcia Toro Fresh Foil Loc 5 Pack
1 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story Single
1 Padron's Finer with Age 5ct Sampler
1 Diamond Crown No. 6 Figurado Single
1 Romeo Y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #2 Single

for $55 shipped. And thanks wicked for the tip, just saved $7+ on shipping!
Nice! Looks like good choices!

· Registered
686 Posts
The BnB Groupon is a great deal, I have used up my supply of them already!

If you are still trying to figure out what you like, don't buy a box just yet. Buy a bunch of 5ers, you will be a lot happier.

Liga Undercrowns
AF Hemingway
Oliva V
Padron x000

Those are what I used my Groupons for, and I am very happy.

· Trust Me, I'm Not Lion
3,115 Posts
I just used that groupon myself. Got a box of AB American Sungrown coronas and a fiver of Padron maduro churchills. To do it over again I might have got a box of the Padrons, but whatever I really like those American Sungrown. Anyway, when you go to use it hang out for a few minutes at the checkout screen and go to leave the page. They will give you free shipping to complete the order.
Anyone know if this is still working? I can't get it to offer me the free shipping? Am I missing something? Which checkout page? The one where you put in your shipping info? Or the confirmation/review page after that? How do you "leave the page"? use the back button? Or one of their navigation buttons? I've been at this for half an hour and can't seem to lose the $5.50 shipping they want to tack on, lol!

· Registered
915 Posts
Don't forget the accessories too- I picked up a good cutter with my last order for (you are essentially paying half) 39/2= 19.50 for a good cutter with a lifetime warranty? Deal! Still had room to pick up some goodies to try it on as well.

· Resident Perdomo Whore
1,199 Posts
Anyone know if this is still working? I can't get it to offer me the free shipping? Am I missing something? Which checkout page? The one where you put in your shipping info? Or the confirmation/review page after that? How do you "leave the page"? use the back button? Or one of their navigation buttons? I've been at this for half an hour and can't seem to lose the $5.50 shipping they want to tack on, lol!
After entering payment info I tried to close the browser tab. A pop up offered me a deal to stay on the page. The deal was free shipping. Hope it works out!

· Registered
370 Posts
Had the same experience. Finally just paid the $6 shipping cost.

· Trust Me, I'm Not Lion
3,115 Posts
After entering payment info I tried to close the browser tab. A pop up offered me a deal to stay on the page. The deal was free shipping. Hope it works out!
Thanks! Got it now!

Had the same experience. Finally just paid the $6 shipping cost.
If you're using Firefox, that might be the issue. I switched to chrome and it worked. I also run an adblock on firefox, which may have prevented the "don't leave!" dialogue from coming up. 1st World problems!

But now I can grab those AF SS for UNDER $2.50 a pop! Talk about a bargain stick!

· Registered
370 Posts
Yeah was using firefox. I'll know better next time. Also the sweet deal on Oliva Os for 2.20 a stick (after groupon) was not so sweet, as they were out and don't know if/when they will get more. So I got a bunch of La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor and Mi Amor Reserva. Still at great prices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.