Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am using 2 pelican case as humidors. Small 1120 and a larger 1400. I purchased 69° packs . Prior to using the pelican cases I first used a Boveda 75° calibration kit and both cases hit right on mark 75° after about 30 hours. I then loaded the pelican cases. The small one which I use for traveling had about 10-15 sticks I inserted 2 69° packs with the sticks. I loaded the large case with about 30 sticks. I inserted 3 Boveda 69° packs in that one. After 3 days both packs humidity began climbing and both leveled off approximately 71.9° - 72.5°. I only open the pelican cases once a day to stock up on my days smokes. Do I need to buy more Boveda packs maybe 65°. Can anyone advise why this is happening.
Thanks

·
Retired Chaos Designer
12,210 Posts
I would suggest the 65 rh packs, you should only need one pack per case. It’s not uncommon for the packs to be on the high side in a sealed environment. My understanding is that they are engineered for wooden humidors that “breath”
I think that you will find your cigars smoke and taste better at the lower rh as well.

·
Super Moderator
17,343 Posts
65s gives you more wiggle room. Plus wet cigars will add to the rh.

Just remember, if you toss in 65s give em a couple weeks to regulate. It takes em longer to soak up rh than to release.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would suggest the 65 rh packs, you should only need one pack per case. It’s not uncommon for the packs to be on the high side in a sealed environment. My understanding is that they are engineered for wooden humidors that “breath”
I think that you will find your cigars smoke and taste better at the lower rh as well.
Thans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts