Cigar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A "friend" (who's originally from Canada) told me that he had about 4 boxes of Cohiba habanos at home. I started drooling. He said that his dad picks them up when he's in Cuba. Then I read an article somewhere that said that fakes are a problem even IN Cuba and that it is near impossible to buy boxes of cigars in Cuba since most of them are exported for sale elsewhere. Is it easier to get ISOM's outside the island, and are those Cohibas most likely fakes? Sorry, robmcd, don't have any samples for you....yet :cool:
SB

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
"fakes are a problem even IN Cuba and that it is near impossible to buy boxes of cigars in Cuba "

yes fakes are a problem in cuba but cigars are for sale everywere in cuba(at least in the touristy areas...varadero and habana and the airports etc)if they are from a "la casa del habano"(habanossa's own stores) or a "la casa del tobacco"(caracol chain of stores) then they are the real thing.anywere else and they are probably fakes.

derrek :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
i have had some 'fakes' that came from cuba. still made with cuban leaf but counterfeits. not all are horrible, but definitely not the quality you're used to.
jimmy

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they're made with Cuban leaf, fake or not, I'm gonna do whatever I can to get my grubby little paws on em!:cool:

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hbooker-

Disregard this thread. I, uhhhh, don't know anyone with anything and uhhh, I didn't really say what you thought I said and, err, um, uhhh....they're mine! All mine! :r

SB

PS: RNS was right!

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still in the process of trying to weasel some out of him. To be contiued...
SB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts