Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smoked one out of the box about an hour ago. The box was from mid 03, so I guess the strenght had mellowed out a bit. I would have thought this was one of the most strongest cuban cigars out there. Still it was pretty strong and I felt that in the stomach. :)

Good earthy, leathery, peppery, spicy flavours, which seemed a little bit off. I noticed the same thing about the other two Ive smoked out of the box. Maybe they just need some time in the humidor... The draw was good. Colour of the wrapper was maduro looking and the construction I think was good. I enjoyed the smoke... I dont think I smoke this one evrey day. My stomach have to have some time to recover... :) You need a "strong" cigar this is the one... (I havent tried the Partagas Shorts yet!)

4.2-4.3 out of 5.0

PS. I dont think this one is so complex compared to the other cubans cigars. Its more like a NC... DS

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Re: Bolivar Coronas Junior

I got a fiver of these a while back. 3 were so-so and the other two were great. Good earthy flavors, not too harsh and loaded with twang. I might buy them again, but I am still in the process of sampling different perlas and minutos at the moment.

You have been sampling a lot of good cigars lately, thanks for the reviews.

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts

as with all 42rg bolivars they are a great smoke...but need many years of age to become great.

el rey...i find young bolivars to have a plasticy/metallicy aftertaste and have this taste for at least 3 years...perhaps this is what tasted "off" to you.

derrek :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

dvickery said:
as with all 42rg bolivars they are a great smoke...but need many years of age to become great.

el rey...i find young bolivars to have a plasticy/metallicy aftertaste and have this taste for at least 3 years...perhaps this is what tasted "off" to you.

derrek :)
No, it wasnt any of that. It just wasnt the rich full flavour I had expected from it... But it wasnt bad...

·
Registered
153 Posts

El Rey del Mundo said:
(I havent tried the Partagas Shorts yet!)

4.2-4.3 out of 5.0

PS. I dont think this one is so complex compared to the other cubans cigars. Its more like a NC... DS
Man, you must have gotten a bad one if it tasted like an NC. And the Partagas shorts are awesome.

:w

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.