Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bolivar PC '98... Dress Box,

I have just read the below review by Lusi on the above PC, still that doesn't stop me from making an ass of myself and writing a new review anyway. This one is a little different because it is from someone who only smokes' isoms' on a "semi quasi limited basis", plus I've only been smoking cigars for a year, so everything is new!

The wrapper was a little rough on the foot of this particular little jewel, but otherwise a beautiful light sheen, carmel colored, with slightly mottled spots (dark bluish greenish) here and there.

Cut was exact, pre-light draw perfect. 3, 2, 1, Ignition, draw, savor, exhale, liftoff! As is the case with me and most cigar's, I usually have to realign my senses' to the cigar I'm smoking. This PC demanded I re-adjust my palate to what it was offering and I succumbed willingly. By the fourth puff it had me. Best smoke of the week, er, month, uh, maybe ever. At any rate, better than any domestic I've smoked.

I would say the flavor bordered on woody, leather notes, with a wee bit of spice in each draw. But the real thrill is the subtle power in this little heater. Not overwhelming power like I got from the Boli Belicoso (which is/was awesome), but just a gentle kick to let me know this is one of the all time classic cigars. Loaded with smoke in each draw, with flavor to spare. I savored it for 45 minutes, nubbed it w/thumbtack. Cigars like this are why I love this hobby and this site, the bar has risen, the criteria has again changed, and I'm once again consumed by Habanos Madness!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Me thinks he is slipping on the slightly downhill habanos slope to hell & requesting credit card limit increases. Your doomed & theres no turning back LOL

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Turn back now!!! Turn back now!!! Before you know it, those domestics just won't taste the same. Send me whatever Havanas you have left before your budget goes out the window. If you start down this road, the Bud Lite and wine in a box just won't taste the same:D

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Re: Newbie Boli 98 PC Review

:) I love reading old reviews and comments on cigars from our long time and most distinguished members. Great to take that little trek back in time to see how things have changed; whether that person's individual tastes, opinions, and perceptions; or more importantly; how certain cigars may have evolved over time.

I bring this up because I was doing a search for the '98 Boli PC. I was curious. Recently picked some of these up and had to try them. I have really been missing my '97s and I was really anxious to get a suitable replacement.

These are ....... great! If you like the '97 version ... you will like these, too! All the Boli flavor profile you hope to find is there in mass quantities: Cream, Spice, Power. I could smoke these like candy.:tu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts