Cigar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this Montecristo Edicion Limitada with what I hope is bloom on it. (Its white not blue)

I was hoping to save it for a special occasion.

Is it possible for me to lose this bloom?
Should I just smoke it soon?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Mold can be white too!

Plume or Bloom is more crystaline in color than white. Plume sparkles in the light and is more evenly distributed over the cigar. Mold is Matted white, green, blue or orange and is spotty.

If it is in fact Plume you have, then you need not worry if it's there still or not. It is the result of the oils being pushed out of the cigar, some will get pulled back in and some will evaporate off. All in all it's just a sign the cigar is still alive and breathing. If you wish to smoke it now it's your choice. but it should still be ok later on if it has a body to age well.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just want to encourage you to sit on it for at least another two years if you can...the Monte EL's that I have had needed time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The appearance is what sugar crystals would look like if they had the consistency of a very very light sprinkling of talcum powder. This is a very good thing and can appear fairly early even in the first year on some occasions depending on the humidity and temperature. Normally, however, it takes severeral years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts