Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible for mold to form when the humidity never reaches over 80%. I've had some cigars in my humidor for about a week now and this chalky white substance is on the outside of some of them and I'm concerned that it might be mold. I'm not sure really how to tell. I mean...it certainly isnt greenish...its very white, but the white powder substance isn't uniform across the whole cigar...it is a little more patchy...thats what makes me worry it might be mold. If it is bloom, how can I get it off without buying some kind of brush or something. Any advice would be much appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Likely hood of bloom

Is bloom more common on cigars with darker wrappers. I have a substance that is white and very easily wiped off on my cigars...but they have only been in my humidor for a couple of weeks. If it were mold, wouldn't it taste nasty to the taste or smell...because I tasted the cigar and it tasted lovely as usual...I'm just trying to figure this stuff out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
im no expert and there are below previous posts on this subject which have links too pictures of both mold and plume also explinations on the subject.

mold can be white though and plume is cyrstal in form not patchs but more evenly distributed.
both wipe off but mold will leave a mark or smear..if its mold you want too seperate them from the rest of your stash if its plume i would leave it as it is a good thing as martha stewart would say...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts