Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The blank band group buy is going on over at Cigar Weekly. I know there has been some interest in these here so I contacted the organizer and he asked me to copy his post here. Please contact him directly if you are interested in these bands or have any questions, all the info is below.

Enjoy!

Howdy! This is a group buy for blank self adhesive cigar bands. It will close on February 28, 2005. I've done a few of these over the years and folks really liked the bands and I've been getting quite a few requests to do it again, so here it is. BTW, I've cross posted this to a number of different boards.

The bands are blank white paper with self adhesive. They are a traditional cigar band shape. One end of the band is scored through the backing, so the tip of that end can be peeled off easily, exposing the adhesive. They can be used on a wide range of ring gauges by trimming the band and backing with scissors. They are not designed to be run through a printer i.e. the bands are loose and not on sheets.

I am offering these up at $30 per 1,000 bands which should cover all of my costs. (Freight to me for the main shipment as well as postage and packing materials when sending them back out to people.)

To be involved, please do one of the following as soon as possible... absolute deadline is February 28, 2005:

1) Use a PayPal balance or eCheck to send $30 to [email protected] and 1,000 bands will be sent to the address on file with PayPal.

The regular type of PayPal account involves no fees but can not accept credit card payments. I have one of these at [email protected] -- great for folks who use PayPal a lot and so have balances and/or they have PayPal hooked up to a checking account and can send eChecks. $30 per 1,000 is the right amount to send if going this route.

2) Use a credit card with PayPal to send $31.25 to [email protected] and 1,000 bands will be sent to the address on file with PayPal.

The other kind of PayPal account "Premier" has fees charged for ANY kind of payment but can accept credit card payments. I have one of these accounts at [email protected] -- I only got this account for the occasional person who really needs to use a credit card. $31.25 per 1,000 is the right amount to send if going this route.

3) Send me EMAIL to [email protected] with name, handle & BBS and shipping address and send payment of $30 per 1,000 bands to me at

Bob Ramstad
3608 2nd Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107-4911

Money order or cashiers check preferred, personal check OK for folks with good trader comments.

4) If you'd rather trade cigars for bands, that's fine by me, drop me an email and we'll go from there...

I'll have enough bands made up for everyone who either a) sends payment through PayPal by February 28th or b) sends me email and puts payment or trade cigars in the mail by February 28th. Ergo, if you want bands, send a payment, and you'll get bands, there is no limit on the quantity I can have made up. I will update this thread two or three times between now and then with lists of folks who I have received payments from. The finished bands should be in my hands and out the door to everyone by the end of March at the latest.

In the past, there have been bands left over, but please do not count on this being the case. The vendor likes to produce bands in certain increments, and I round the buy up to the nearest increment, then sell the leftovers first come first served.

Any questions, please send me email at [email protected] -- that's the best way to contact me. Thanks!

-- Bob

·
-
11,412 Posts
thanks for the heads up, paul... i'm in on it.

btw-your package from korea went out today, expect 7-10 days (to your home addy).

·
-
11,412 Posts
i would like to BUMP this mo'fo again, as it seems he still has some left over.

check the original thread, or use what 1f1fan posted originally.
some of you have seen these things attached to some cigars i might have sent you, or if you were in the PSP2 group buy, you got 5 or so inside the bag to label your cigars with.

here's the orig thread: http://forums.cigarweekly.com/viewtopic.php?t=96943&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
P-Town Smokes said:
Jeff, you box is full.If you want to go in on half or get a couple more for 250 a piece, I'm in, Don
Just cleared pm space.

I would like about 150 labels. So if we can divide up the rest in any proportion if someone else wants in.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Jeff, I sent Bob an e-mail and as soon as I here back from him, I'll let you know. If not I will just buy a 1,000 and split it up. The link on CW is gone but he (Bob) might have a few left.
Jeff said:
I'm in for 150. P-Town Smokes is organizing this I think. I know he dosn't want all the rest, so you're in too. How many do you want?

·
-
11,412 Posts
P-Town Smokes said:
The link on CW is gone but he (Bob) might have a few left.
huh?? i just read it today, that's where i got the link from. he posted that he still had some left over??
it was on page 2 of the "trading post" forum, right in the middle. last post was april 18th, where he states he has extras.

my link will take you directly to the topic.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Got it, didn't work the first time I tried it, Tanks IHT, I will be ordering a 1,000 and if anybody else wants some (I'll keep 250) PM me your addy.
IHT said:
huh?? i just read it today, that's where i got the link from. he posted that he still had some left over??
it was on page 2 of the "trading post" forum, right in the middle. last post was april 18th, where he states he has extras.

my link will take you directly to the topic.

·
-
11,412 Posts
P-Town Smokes said:
Got it, didn't work the first time I tried it, Tanks IHT...
not a biggie, i just had to double check to make sure i wasn't on drugs. i had to go make sure it was still there and the link worked, as i didn't check the link the 1st time i posted it.

·
-
11,412 Posts
yep, i saw those when i bought my travel tube. the ones you get from this other guy, they're actually shaped like a cigar band, not just 1 width the entire way around. i'm sure they all do the same thing though.

nice catch, dave, totally forgot about them.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
IHT said:
yep, i saw those when i bought my travel tube. the ones you get from this other guy, they're actually shaped like a cigar band, not just 1 width the entire way around. i'm sure they all do the same thing though.

nice catch, dave, totally forgot about them.
We are probably gonna do the same thing here Greg. Write peoples names on them and get all these cigars out of baggies. :r

·
Registered
676 Posts
Richard, Dave, Rod and Jeff, send me you addy, got 1,000 coming. Jeff, I have yours. Ordered from Bob at CW and should receive them this week. I let you know when thier shipped. If anybody else wants some, PM your addy and I'll send you a few, (150 or so) 5 at 150 =750. 250 left. I think my math is right. If no more wants in, I'll just ship you all 200.
Thanks Greg for putting this back up, been wanting to buy some of these and didn't care for the ones at Heartfelt. Don.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.