Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been aging my stock of maduro Padron 2000's and 3000's for about a year. I've been smoking them the past couple weeks and have noticed a bitter flavor at the half way mark. I've never noticed these with any Padrons right out of the box or at my local shop. My humi is at 70/65 give or take a little, and everything is fine. Maybe I just got a bad batch huh? Any suggestions or should I stop whining (as Ah-nald would say)?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I was talking with RJS about this whis weekend. It seems Padron's don't age all that well...or better said, the ageing is already done when you buy them.

You may just have gotten a bad box, but I have also noticed some of my 1964's getting a bit bland and a little bitter after a few years of storage.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the jungle Scarface. I think you may have a few bad ones, I've had some stored for awhile and had one the other day that was fine.

Anyway, welcome to the site and anyone from Baltimore, the opus x have arrived at Faders!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and the info guys. I'll make sure to stop aging these. I looked up some info at Padron's site and it does go on about how the cigars are pre-aged and what not. I guess I just figured it couldn't hurt to age them a little more. My mistake haha. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
welcome scarface-

for me, all padrons (within a class, mad or nat) taste approximately the same... right out of the box, aged years, annis, regulars, piedras, any size, any shape- beginning of the cigar, middle of the cigar, end of the cigar. same same same. they're the mcdonalds of the industry... you always know what you're going to get. but i still smoke 3k mads every once in awhile... oh the shame. i'm sure every once in awhile a tainted big mac gets thru... same goes with padrons. try an apple pie and a large coke with that next time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
robmcd, yeah i would agree with ya on that about it being the mcdonalds of the cigar industry...next time i'll have to try the apple pie idea lol. thanks for the welcomes guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Subway would have to be Fuente. Subway has a smaller snacky sub-the 6 inch and Fuente has the short story. Subway has the manly meal of a sub in the 12 inch and Fuente has the Hemingway Masterpiece. Subway has a dark haired spokesperson in Jared, Fuente has the ever smiling Fuente Jr. And from what I hear Subway passed McDonalds as the largest food-chain in the world, Fuente cranks out 40 million cigars a year, which as far as I knows makes them the largest independently owned cigar family. And Fuente cigars aren't as reliable as Padron's....well everytime you walk into a Subway you can have it your way and make it any way you want....wait "have it your way" is burger king.....Doh!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha thanks man I appreciate it. I put alot of sweat and tears into that piece of work I call a paragraph. Oh wait, no I didn't....I was rambling like usual....ah well....:al

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
i had a few maduro londres and ambassadors that were phenominal out of the box, but a few months later they lost their sweet cocoa flavor and tasted bitter and dry. Im glad to see im not the only one - thought my humi went bad or something

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
You guys actually have time to be writing these strings during the DAY!?!? Doesn't anybody work anymore.

What am I saying, right around the same time those strings wnet up I was driving around doing errands and pfing away on a R&J Hermoso 1 (guilty me).

BTW, the food analogies -- very creative. Got me hungry for a burger and a stogie!!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
BTW smokemifyagotem , I like your logo. Arnold is one of my heros.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha don't we work anymore??? Posting on forums is work enough me...all that typing makes me work up a sweat, what are ya callin me lazy or somethin??? Ha, just kiddin man. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah-nald is one fo my heros too, I used to be a competitive bodybuilder when I was younger so I read up alot about him and his days as Mr. Olympia before he was in Conan and the other hundred movies

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Yeah!!

. . . and maybe the next Governor of California.

Hmm! The world just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey Scarface.
Welcome to the club. This is a good thread you started.
I did not review the times. But per Motheman people were
writing on this thread during work hours. While he
was smoking that Hermosa today, I had actually cut out of
work and was smoking a Padron 3000. Pull 'em and smoke 'em.
Great food analogy.
Bruce5

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahaha , cut out of work and smoked a Padron 3000 (my favorite cigar).......that's my kinda guy! Thanks for the welcome, I truly appreciate it! I just got done smoking a Padron 3000 while playing a game of chess on yahoo games and drinking some cappucino....but ya got me beat with skippin outta work.....I'm not as lucky :mad: hahaha thanks again!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Welcome to the Jungle my friend. If I can give you a word of advice, get out while you can! The slippery slope has claimed many a soul. Later today I am negotiating my second kidney for some Pre-Castro Havanas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts