Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Yeah I saw that when it came out in Dec. Its actually quite a good interview. Murray seems to genuinely have a love of cigars. He has some really good knowledge about the cigar industry, not as much as Alec Baldwin though :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. What has he done lately except for the "Lost in Translation". Have to see "Lost in Translation" soon. Judging by the opinons in the Movie-review it got, the feelings about it was mixed, mostly negative if I remembered it right.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Well he did the "Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou" and I reviewed it in the movie section. It was quirky and weird with a very indie feel to it.

Lost in Translation was pretty pointless in my book, it was wandering and didn't really have any plot or direction. That's just me though.

However I do enjoy Bill Murray's work in both films even though the movies themselves might not have been stellar. I think Bill Murray has talent and its interesting to see that he's kind of become the Indie Films new star. But hey, stranger things have happened.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Cinema does not get better than his scene from Ghostbusters:

"Dickless here shut off the power grid"
"Is this true?"
"Yes it's true, this man has no dick."

Greatest line ever for a 10 year old boy (or an immature 22 year old one).

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ghostbuster was great... watched it the other day...

One of the funniest american movies he was in, I think, is Rushmore.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Bill Murray is an excellent actor. I can't wait to see the Life Aquatic. He is the only one of his era(Steve Martin, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase) to continue to have a successful career.

I read that article in the cigar magazine with him. It was very interesting. If a movie was to be made of your life, wouldn't you want him to play you?

Jeff

·
Registered
904 Posts
Lets not forget the Daddy of em all Caddie Shack and his role as Carl Spackler ass't greenskeeper.

"This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus that night on this stuff."

"This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion."

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bill's cool in my book. He smokes and he's been in some good movies lately. I enjoyed "The Life Aquatic". Also "Rushmore" and "The Royal Tenenbaums" were both hilarious (though not in the conventional sense). Wes Anderson has the ability of making a movie look like a good book reads...if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
978 Posts
miketafc said:
"This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion."
Whoa! looks like he got all of that one.

_____
rm

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Jeff said:
Bill Murray is an excellent actor. I can't wait to see the Life Aquatic. He is the only one of his era(Steve Martin, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase) to continue to have a successful career.
Jeff
Humf... Steve Martin is still out there making fairly decent movies... Roxanne, (old but great), FATHER OF THE BRIDE??? one of the best remakes ever!!!!

BTW, Akroyd is still out there too.... Bit role in Tommy Boy...Stardom (a bomb, but still a good role) and Getting away with Murder.

Don't like nor watch Chevy Chase...

GHOSTbusters is the greatest thing to come out of the 80's.

BTW, don't I remember seeing Candace Bergan with a Cigar???

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Carl Spackler:

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.