Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall was my first cigar aficionado Big Smoke event.
It was absolutely awesome. Hosted by the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center(in VEGAS), I joined 6,000 other cigar enthusiasts, more venders than I can name, Cool and the Gang live on stage (with "pole dancers"), and ate and drank the night away (for "free"). :)

For $170 bucks, some frequent flier miles, and great hotel rate I came home with fabulous memories, some extra cash in my pockets (from the tables) and more than 30 top shelf smokes. Plus free cutters, lighters, magazine, and other goodies.

My buddy - screen name golfgoose - took a ton of pics. They are posted on this site somewhere. Check em out.

Wondering… who is going this year? Sound off.

By the way, I am new here. So ,hello everyone. Very cool site!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DsrtDog said:
SOunds like a blast. When is the next one?

DsrtDog.
The fall dates have not been announced. Last year thery were Nov 12-14.
Usually one on the east coast and one on the west coast.
(Vegas and New York... what a tough choice)

The spring dates are set for May and are in Chiago and Atlantic City.
For more info go to cigar affecinato's web site.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'll tell you, that would be one heck of a party, can't go, but dreaming is allowed. Welcome StevenG
StevenG said:
It was absolutely awesome. Hosted by the Mandalay Bay Resort and Convention Center(in VEGAS), I joined 6,000 other cigar enthusiasts, more venders than I can name, Cool and the Gang live on stage (with "pole dancers"), and ate and drank the night away (for "free"). :)

For $170 bucks, some frequent flier miles, and great hotel rate I came home with fabulous memories, some extra cash in my pockets (from the tables) and more than 30 top shelf smokes. Plus free cutters, lighters, magazine, and other goodies.

My buddy - screen name golfgoose - took a ton of pics. They are posted on this site somewhere. Check em out.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i know i am going to do my best to be there this year. i went to the one in atlantic city last year and it was great. can't imagine how much better it is in vegas!
i'll be at the one in AC in May too.
jimmy
:tpd:

G

·
Count me in! Love the pictures that Golfgoose posted! Looks like a blast! I'd love to see some of the maduro maulers get together!

Welcome StevenG! You sure you're friends with Golfgoose? You're pretty hard on the guy!

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kafka Novel said:
Count me in! Love the pictures that Golfgoose posted! Looks like a blast! I'd love to see some of the maduro maulers get together!

Welcome StevenG! You sure you're friends with Golfgoose? You're pretty hard on the guy!

Cheers!
Kafka Novel...StevenG is one of my best friends on the planet...sorta gives you a glimpse at my life huh? :w
He's cool...we are a source of healthy antagonism for each other...that way we don't take it out on our wives :hn
We had a great trip out to Vegas...highly recommend it to one and all...glad you enjoyed the pictures!
Peace!

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
If one comes to michigan id go if i could

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kafka Novel said:

Cheers!
Kafka...
Golfgoose is a blood brother.. older and uglier.. but still blood.
Hope to see you in Vegas. I will be the guy smoking the cigar. :)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I was actually IN VEGAS on the last day of the 2004 Big Smoke, and didn't even realize it until I got home and saw the ad in the Bill Murray issue of CA. Of course, that day I was also there specifically to get married, and then we flew out the next morning to Mexico. Somehow, I don't think my wife would have appreciated me dragging her to a cigar convention on her wedding night!! :r

Still, wish I knew! I would have suggested we go see what the hotel looked like, and then say "Oh, gee! What's going on here...?" :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
horrorview said:
I was actually IN VEGAS on the last day of the 2004 Big Smoke, and didn't even realize it until I got home and saw the ad in the Bill Murray issue of CA. Of course, that day I was also there specifically to get married, and then we flew out the next morning to Mexico. Somehow, I don't think my wife would have appreciated me dragging her to a cigar convention on her wedding night!! :r

Still, wish I knew! I would have suggested we go see what the hotel looked like, and then say "Oh, gee! What's going on here...?" :p
In retrospect, you did the right thing :)
If we'd have known you were getting married we would have come help you celebrate! Congratulations!! Hey, I know a great place to go for your Anniversary!! :w
Happy Trails!
Goose

·
Registered
8 Posts
StevenG said:

HERE ARE THE 2004 BIG SMOKE PICTURES...EVERYBODY ENJOY!!
http://www.clubstogie.com/photo/showgallery.php/cat/528

·
Registered
756 Posts
oh my god, that is wild. i got married in vegas on 11/6. i think that was a couple days before the big smoke last year.
what a co-inky-dink.
damn, i'm pretty gay for just typing that.
jimmy
:tpd:

horrorview said:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Golfgoose said:
In retrospect, you did the right thing :)
If we'd have known you were getting married we would have come help you celebrate! Congratulations!! Hey, I know a great place to go for your Anniversary!! :w
Happy Trails!
Goose
Hehehe, that plan's already in place, Goose ;)

Shhhh...just don't mention it to the wife :D

·
Registered
810 Posts
hey I went 2 yrs ago and it was a blast ,if you like the leaf and the drink you will be in heaven and you get way more than you pay for.
oh and by the way if you speak spanish with the guys at the booth, and chit chat with them a bit, they just might up grade your free stogie to 1 of there high end brands

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
There is also a Big Smoke event in Chicago this year on May 4, 2005. Anyone here planning on attending that one? I would love to meet some of the BOTLs from the Club there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was there last November at the Friday night BS.

To me, it was just too crowded. I do not know if I'll go again.

I am looking forward to the LVCS (Las Vegas Cigar Summit) April 30th, though. It's a lot smaller group of botl from the internet forums.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.