Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this p.o.s. free, and now i see why - we are guinnea pigs.
DANGEROUS PROBLEM!!, SIMPLY:
1- flame gets stuck on after button is released
2- flame is very hard to see
3- to relight, flint wheel rolls outward, requiring you to put your thumb over that hole in the middle
4- need i explain the rest?
hint..........point blank torch flame vs. skin of thumb. guess who loses.
CAN SOMEONE SAY LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Received one of these :c for free as well.

I still use it, but I have noticed the following:

a.) Uses butane like it is its job.
b.) Flame will be small. Flame will be large (burn your eyebrows off large).
c.) Potential to randomly remain aflame.
d.) If the haphazard inferno doesn't damage my thumb, the wheel does!

(For some reason my thumb can't handle that wheel!)

As for my broke, college attending butt, this will be the way to go for awhile.

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
Man! Makes my $2.94 Ronson Butane Torch lighter even look like a BETTER deal. Have had no trouble with this little gem. Forget the Blu, I guess. I do have the z-insert for my real zippo... it works fine as well. :ss

·
Registered
120 Posts
That sucks! I've always liked Zippos, and since I've become a cigar smoker, I've hoped they would release a butane model. Now they have, and apparently it's a p.o.s. :mad: I called when I read about the free Blu, but was too late, maybe I didn't miss out after all. I guess my Z-Plus will have to do.

·
Delusions of Grandeur
1,131 Posts
I to was disappointed to have missed out on the Zippo Blu, but now ( after hearing this ) I'm not so distraught, I have a pocket full of Ronsons and for under three bucks...you can't beat 'em.

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
mine seems to work fine, but it's not my primary lighter either. :tu

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine was a p.o.s. also. I have a hard time lighting it, the wheel does a number on my thumb, just plain sucks. I will go with my bazer(my fav) or the ronson. The cheap ronson beats the zippo by a long shot. Glad the zippo was free.:hn

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Man! Makes my $2.94 Ronson Butane Torch lighter even look like a BETTER deal. Have had no trouble with this little gem. Forget the Blu, I guess. I do have the z-insert for my real zippo... it works fine as well. :ss
I have the Z-plus insert for two of my Zippos. I liked the first one so I purchased a second. The alcohol that I usually use evaporates too fast in the summer, and I don't like carrying the Davidoff around where it might get lost (for obvious reasons). Problem is, one Z-Plus has already failed and I have reloaded it with the original Naptha insert. Not what I expect for reliablility. I have to agree with the $3.00 Ronson. The one that I used on vacation worked well.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I agree with everybody that has trouble with this POS, you never know what the hell it's going to do. I bought a can of the new zippo low odor fluid for my traditional zippo's and ronson lighters. I haven't lit a cigar with it yet, anybody got any experience with this stuff yet?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't know about Zippo, but brand names don't mean much anymore. Used to be you could depend on certain brands for high quality, dependable stuff. Nowadays a brand name is often just another label used to sell junk made in China.

-Ken

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
A recall for sure

i got this p.o.s. free, and now i see why - we are guinnea pigs.
DANGEROUS PROBLEM!!, SIMPLY:
1- flame gets stuck on after button is released
2- flame is very hard to see
3- to relight, flint wheel rolls outward, requiring you to put your thumb over that hole in the middle
4- need i explain the rest?
hint..........point blank torch flame vs. skin of thumb. guess who loses.
CAN SOMEONE SAY LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.