Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your favorite music to listen to while smokin' a stogie?

I'm a lover of rock and hardcore, but when I light up I gotta chill... my top favorite cigar smokin soundtrack is Tom Waitts "Used Songs" album. He's just perfect.

Other favorites: Taj Mahal, Keb Mo, Crooked Still, Johnny Cash, Pedro the Lion.
-eef

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Guys I'm sorry for this, I guess it's just me not being in to those modern music or rock band. I love smoking a cigar and listening to love songs in piano. Like Richard C. for me it can really set the mood to enjoy a nice cigars.
Salud!

·
-
11,412 Posts
while i don't listen to music while having a cigar - i normally listen to my buddies or my own thoughts - i'd probably want it to be some form of piano/violin concerto. lately Chopin has been what i listen to for that.

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn or some old bluesman, Robert Johnson,Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker if I listen to music. I can listen to MP3's on the pocket pc with headphones. If I'm in the garage its ESPN radio..

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Jeff said:
Any classic jazz works for me. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, etc.. The album of the moment for me is Miles Davis', Kind of Blue. :ms
Kind of Blue is very sweet!! I picked up several Miles and Coltrane albums at an estate sale a few months back. Minty!

Lest we forget the incomperable Nina Samone? :w

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The ideal soundtrack for me is the Boston Red Sox on the radio on a slightly chilly night in late October. Other than that, it would have to be Leonard Cohen.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nothing original here, I like either Pink Floyd or Miles Davis (King of Blue is awesome) depending on the mood.

By the way, eef, my uncle-n-law had Taj Mahal play at one of his house parties when they were starting out. My wife says it was quite the bash. I wish I could have been there for that one.

·
Registered
949 Posts
LAst night I had a cigar listening to eef's band singing a song called shodown. Great tune eef. Then to keep with a similar sound I poped in some Fugazi and finally some Enya to mellow me out for a good nights rest.

Eef you guys sort of have a similar sond to Fugazi to me. You guys both use guitar to convey a sence of power. I am not really a music critic and I guess I am a little tone deaf, but I could definitly hear a similarity between your band and Fugazi.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.