Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking for a store with the Opus X Gift Set at $50 I happened accross a site with the set at $40. :p So if you are interested, here it is.

Firehouse Tobacco

Only thing I would be worried about is that they could *possibly* be counterfeit cigars. Should I get these at $40 or goto jrcigars and get them for $50? :confused:

·
Registered
921 Posts
I am sure it is the real deal.
Retailers pay 50% of the consumer's price.
A lot of people, even the Opus X fans do not want to pay 50.00 for 2 cigars.
I have seen this gift set just sitting around in some shops.
The DVD was okay, informative but boring.
I got plenty of Opus, but have no big interest in these.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I find it interesting to see that a number of LLGs have not spoken particularly highly of the Opus X...certainly not at the level of enthusiasm you would expect for such a premium priced cigar. I wonder if this isn't just a case of "Microsoft Marketing" where a positive buzz and slick advertising gets people hooked on a concept and suddenly the general movement of the market makes what was mostly average into something that seems to be (by all accounts) very popular and premium in the eyes of the general public? :confused:

All of this input, coupled with the fact that I continue to be disappointed by the smoking experience of AF Gran Reserva Churchills that are now 1 year in my humidor, means I am going to take the $$ I was targeting for Opus and direct them to increasing my Padron 3000 stock...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have found every Opus X I have smoked to be excellent, unfortuantely you can get cigars that are just as good or even better a lot more easily. (Like the Padron 1964s)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.